Speculation Roy Hodgson Approached for England job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Roy Hodgson Approched for England job.

Can't say I'd be too happy with this appointment tbh.

After the liverpool fiasco i would expect Hodgson to steer clear of another impossible job.

So long as "king feckinKenny" isn't in the background, RH will be a good choice for England.

Suits: "What are you goin to do about John Terry?"
Woy: "Tell him to f*ck off"
Suits: "When can you start?"

would definitely get Hodgson my vote.

They have gone for the "safe" option.

Expected to be appointed within the next couple of days now.

Ridiculous decision. Hodgson isn't fit to open Redknapp's post in the morning.

A rather pointless yardstick, given that 'Arry wouldn't be able to read it whoever opened it

To be fair to him, Hodgson has a similar points to game ratio at Liverpool as 'King Kenny' has this season and that was with no backing from the fans and a pitiful transfer kitty in comparison to what has been spent this season.

My point was that he was destined to fail from the start at Liverpool due to the ownership situation and lack of financial backing. He had the impossible task of maintaining performances at the same time as slashing the wage bill. Had he come in a year later, I think he would have done a lot better than Dalglish has.

The England job could be similar, a lose-lose situation. If he sticks it out I thnk he'll do ok.

A manager who has managerial experience at both European and International level or somebody who refuses to manage above the M25...

Anyone but Pearce

Lovely jubbly

I'll give him three months before he is toast and 12 months before the FA get themselves together enough to sack him/ mutual agreement etc etc. Given any range of choices the FA lads will always get it wrong.

Wonder if his first team selection will be Gween; Wichards, Tewwy, Wio, Bwidge; Gewward, Cawwick, Wodwell, Bawwy; Cwouch, Wooney?

The FA will always appoint a safe pair of hands, an establishment figure thats why they never appointed Clough and probably won't appoint 'Arry. Thats why O'Neill would never be appointed. Anyone with a whiff of controversy, outspokeness or the common peoples vote will never get a look in regardless of ability to do the job. Thats why we enter every major tournament feeling underwhelmed and uninspired because we always end up with some dull, monotone media safe FA arselicker. .

Excellent.
It may be that Hodgson may surprise me by being successful. However, that was not the criteria for his appointment. Ever since the rows the FA had with Sir Alf they have had one main criteria - is he easy to work with?. What they are trying to avoid an all costs is a strong character .

Part of the problem with Sir Alf was class. The ex-public school boys such as Sir Harold Thomson liked to refer to Alf as "Ramsey". They found they had got someone with a working class background who did not "know his place" - no wonder Cloughie never got the job. The trouble with Alf was after winning the World Cup he was, for a long time, unsackable. "Arry" makes Alf look posh.

I hope that we will succeed under Hodgson. If not I hope public anger will be directed not at the manager but at the FA who have chosen a manager using flawed criteria.

They're also after a manager who will be involved in the development of youngsters and coaches. 'Arry's not likely to be interested in that, is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669