Speculation Roy Hodgson Approached for England job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Roy Hodgson Approched for England job.

They're also after a manager who will be involved in the development of youngsters and coaches. 'Arry's not likely to be interested in that, is he?
'Arry wouldn't be seen much at the development centre at Burton, that's for sure. He'd try to get it moved to Sandbanks. And can someone tell me what 'Arry has actually achieved that is any better than Woy? Anyway, expect 'Arry's mouthpiece The Sun and all the other papers/journos that he's got in his pocket to savage Woy from day one.

Maybe, just maybe, the tax scandal has cost 'Arry the job?
It's not just about Roy being a safe pair of hands. Perhaps it's about not having an itching palm...

A safe pair of hands, rather like if Douglas Hurd has become Prime Minister in 1990.

Can someone remind me what Arry has actually achieved as a manager? Especially when having to make a decent team out of moderate players, which is what the England job is all about. I would say Roy's track record in that respect is far more impressive.

Just cast your mind back 2 years when the press were all clamouring for him to become England manager after his performance at Fulham.

He may not succeed, but I have more faith in him doing it than the barrow boy

Apparently, Roy thinks it's a shame that Imogen Thomas isn't available for selection by England

Roy Hodgson said:
...She's wanked among the best players in the world

Last edited:

Ridiculous decision. Hodgson isn't fit to open Redknapp's post in the morning.

Managerial stats:

Redknapp - Won: 518, Drawn: 317, lost: 437, Win percentage: 40.76. League titles: 0.

Hodgson - Won: 408, Drawn: 283, lost: 257, Win percentage: 43.04. League titles: 5.

Managerial stats:

Redknapp - Won: 518, Drawn: 317, lost: 437, Win percentage: 40.76. League titles: 0.

Hodgson - Won: 408, Drawn: 283, lost: 257, Win percentage: 43.04. League titles: 5.

Yeah but Arry is a 'geezer' innit

I thought Woy was more of a PC man myself.

I don't see a major problem with this.

Hodgson knows international football and has worked around Europe, so in that respect he's a better choice than Redknapp.

Redknapp is a pretty average manager, so we haven't missed out on a Brian Clough again, as I've heard today.

They're also after a manager who will be involved in the development of youngsters and coaches. 'Arry's not likely to be interested in that, is he?

Not the England manager's role at all. If it was about that they might as well have given the job to Peter the tw-t Taylor.

I hope that we will succeed under Hodgson. If not I hope public anger will be directed not at the manager but at the FA who have chosen a manager using flawed criteria.

No chance of that - these are faceless people. Their only concern is to have a compliant manager . Hodgson hasn't got the personality nor the track record at a top level to have the credibility. He's done a stirling job with modest clubs/ countries - when he's tried to take it to a higher level he's failed to deliver.

Not the England manager's role at all. If it was about that they might as well have given the job to Peter the tw-t Taylor.

Perhaps it hasn't been in the past, but it's obvious from the stuff I've read that that's exactly what the FA are after this time around. Whether or not it will work I have no idea but it's good to see the FA trying.

No chance of that - these are faceless people. Their only concern is to have a compliant manager . Hodgson hasn't got the personality nor the track record at a top level to have the credibility. He's done a stirling job with modest clubs/ countries - when he's tried to take it to a higher level he's failed to deliver.

Took Switzerland to 3rd in the world rankings from what I hear, obviously he's crap. Happy Harry and his media Bollocks would be far better.

After a four hour meeting today, he's expected to be named in the next 48 hours... guessing they'll wait until Wednesday/late tomorrow until the talk of the Manchester derby has died down.

If all they wanted was someone to look after the senior team, they would opt for someone like Redknapp.

I seem to remember that this is the reason why McClaren was chosen over Martin O'Neill too.

Despite the amusement displayed in my earlier post, I hope he gets a fair crack of the whip in the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669