Speculation Roy Hodgson Approached for England job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Roy Hodgson Approched for England job.

Much better choice than Redknapp.

Doesn't matter who it is.

I'm shocked.

Thought for sure they'd go for 'Arry. Has Spurs bad run cost him?

Paul Konchesky is one of the top trends on Twitter right now as people look for why Hodgson would be a bad choice.

Last edited:

We'll see. Might just be a bargaining tactic with Redknapp. We could do worse.

got to be better than Pearce

got to be better than Pearce

For some reason, the press and apparently a large section of the public want an English manager. There are no outstanding English managers ergo it was always going to be underwhelming.

After the liverpool fiasco i would expect Hodgson to steer clear of another impossible job.

After the liverpool fiasco i would expect Hodgson to steer clear of another impossible job.

To be fair to him, Hodgson has a similar points to game ratio at Liverpool as 'King Kenny' has this season and that was with no backing from the fans and a pitiful transfer kitty in comparison to what has been spent this season.

He was very successful with the Swiss and Finland, showing that he can do it in the international game which is waaaay different to the Premiership. He also has a long record of getting the best out of somewhat middling players and progressing in cup-competitions.

He is by far the best qualified englishman for the job, and I do believe that an englishman should have the job - just as the playing squad have to qualify through nationality, so should the coaching staff, otherwise what is the point of international football?

Last edited:

To be fair to him, Hodgson has a similar points to game ratio at Liverpool as 'King Kenny' has this season and that was with no backing from the fans and a pitiful transfer kitty in comparison to what has been spent this season.

I don't really see how that's a defence of Hodgson though... they've been awful for most of this season.

Given that the FA is up to its arse in debt for Wembley, Hodgson probably represents the cheaper option.

I don't really see how that's a defence of Hodgson though... they've been awful for most of this season.

who Liverpool or WBA? My point is the new owners got rid of Hodgson, put in King Kenny, who the fans adore and who can do no wrong, they then made a substantial investment in terms of transfer budget and they have made no improvement. Yet Hodgson is abhorred at Liverpool whilst Kenny Dalglish is a God. It's ludicrous.

I think Hodgson would be a decent shout for the England job. He's a hugely underrated manager.

The FA will always appoint a safe pair of hands, an establishment figure thats why they never appointed Clough and probably won't appoint 'Arry. Thats why O'Neill would never be appointed. Anyone with a whiff of controversy, outspokeness or the common peoples vote will never get a look in regardless of ability to do the job. Thats why we enter every major tournament feeling underwhelmed and uninspired because we always end up with some dull, monotone media safe FA arselicker. They got their fingers burned with Venables and Keegan but Venables got us nearer than anyone in recent years. I believe we should have an English Manager and would prefer Redknapp but it wont happen. I wouldn't mind Hodgson, vastly experienced in Europe and the English league, probably deserves his chance after years in the game and could be a good mentor for Pearce who seems well in at the FA.

I do believe that an englishman should have the job - just as the playing squad have to qualify through nationality, so should the coaching staff, otherwise what is the point of international football?

Are you saying that there has never been any point to international football?

Ha ha , come on Woy! very brave man.

Think I'd rather 'Arry just for the fun of it.

Imo appointing Hodgson is about in keeping with how far England have fallen over the years.
Its a long time since England were a force in international football. Its only now and after constant abject failure that i believe that the fans have clicked on to the fact that the 'mighty england' are actually very much 2nd rate, and that they dont actually have one hand on a trophy before a ball as been kicked in a major tournament.
Appointing Hodgson may same extremely underwhelming, but it wouldnt surprise me if they done quite well now that expectation levels have been forced to be more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566