Royalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Most of the thread and what people are talking about in the real world. All I’ve spoken to friends and family about is taking the piss out of the reactions, reactions about something that many people feel absolutely nothing towards.

There are so many things going on in the world that make people angry, worried, depressed, scared… real shit. I worry about real shit every single day. Money, problems, politics. I don’t know how anyone has room left to grieve a person who they didn’t know and lived in a variety palaces for nearly 100 years.

Personally, I’m bemused. The country is ready to bend over backwards to celebrate the life of a stranger. Think of things that won’t get done while this plays out. Who knows how much time and money will be spent on the occasion. Time and money that - regardless of who the government is - is withheld from millions of people who slog and contribute and suffer in their own ways; Without a thank you, kiss my arse or nothing as my grandad used to say.

You know that argument that nurses should make what footballers do? That. This is that.
Yep.

Apart from the bending over is forwards, not backwards. Since 1066.

Important announcement this morning. Marmalade sandwiches are being banned as tributes to Her late Majesty.

At this time, will no one think of the wasps?

Ah, the entire retail industry grinding to a halt for a day. It’s what she would have wanted.
I know Aldi in particular are meant to be really good employers but it does seem a bit convenient that they won’t have to pay their staff extra to work the bank holiday.

I know Aldi in particular are meant to be really good employers but it does seem a bit convenient that they won’t have to pay their staff extra to work the bank holiday.
Enhanced pay rates for working bank holidays is pretty much a thing of the past in the retail grocery sector.

Enhanced pay rates for working bank holidays is pretty much a thing of the past in the retail grocery sector.
Thanks, didn’t know that.

Just silly, not cynical.

We were changing our boy’s nappy in the baby change area at Highcross the other day and I noticed a machine on the wall that dispensed wipes and nappies. Before I realised what it was I exclaimed to my wife ‘A Jonny machine? Bit ****ing late for that!’ …. Just as a very shocked mother and toddler came into the room.

4A753C9B-4111-45A6-B156-3677ED299ECC.jpeg

Glad I’m not planning on going to Centre Parcs next week.

FFS it really has gone to the ****ing extreme of madness now

Get out of your Centre Parcs chalet and get the **** out of here to go and mourn with the rest of the scum

Definitely what she would have wanted, that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670