Royalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a middle ground here. I, as much as anyone else, can see that this is OTT, but surely that doesn't make anyone who is saddened by her death scum?

FWIW, I can see/admire the fact that she was an incredible stateswoman for 70 years and no doubt did impart her knowledge on others in a positive way and perhaps sometimes in a negative way too.

The should we/shouldn't we have a monarchy shouldn't detract from the fact that what she did (in 'serving') for 70 years is unparalleled and probably will never be repeated again.

There is no need whatsoever for such vitriol.

It is getting rather absurd now.

I must admit though, despite being more on the anti Royal side of things, I did think the Queens passing was a sad moment for the nation, especially the suddenness of it happening.

Saying that though, we really are getting into relms of barmyness now - people getting arrested for protesting, or just voicing a different option, the none stop news and TV coverage is really getting over the top, the pictures plastered everywhere like a member of the North Korean Kim dynasty and now this centre parcs nonsense too, in a country where citizens have no legal allowance for bereavement leave when a family member passes (most companies allow it but there is no legal requirement for it!)

I think the Royal family gained a huge amount of support when the Queen sadly passed but this is getting eroded by the minute now.

I think there is a middle ground here. I, as much as anyone else, can see that this is OTT, but surely that doesn't make anyone who is saddened by her death scum?

FWIW, I can see/admire the fact that she was an incredible stateswoman for 70 years and no doubt did impart her knowledge on others in a positive way and perhaps sometimes in a negative way too.

The should we/shouldn't we have a monarchy shouldn't detract from the fact that what she did (in 'serving') for 70 years is unparalleled and probably will never be repeated again.

There is no need whatsoever for such vitriol.
So she lived a long time with the best standard of living imaginable? How inspiring

So she lived a long time with the best standard of living imaginable? How inspiring
The memory of her tireless commitment to selflessly living in extreme luxury delivered by fawning servants and waving at commoners from various vehicles should provide comfort to all of us. She truly was like family to everyone.

Screwfix have emailed to let me know they’ll be closed on Monday but open again first thing Tuesday. A pain in the tits for people like myself who are choosing to work on Monday.

They’ve missed a trick here. Could’ve had 50% off shovels all day.

Not sure if this one is true, but it wouldn't surprise me, especially out in Rutland!

Let’s not beat around the bush here, the type of person most up for a bit of royalist flag shagging is also the type of person most likely to read The Mail, hate everything ‘woke’ and bemoan the rise of snowflakes and cancel culture and ‘you can’t say that anymore!’

So it’s pretty ****ing hilarious that the tables are turned on this occasion and to an extent never before witnessed. The nation has, predictably lost its mind and business are shitting themselves that they’ll get told off for not acting sad enough.

It's getting more and more surreal, it's almost like the people in Britain are acting out a long lost Salvador Dali film script.

It's getting more and more surreal, it's almost like the people in Britain are acting out a long lost Salvador Dali film script.

It's going to get much more ridiculous. I've not seen a tacky commemorative plate or rumour of a musical yet. Those are end stages of the grief period i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566