Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_Fox said:
It's ok lads, Morris'll be back soon - our saviour! :frown:

Who's to say he won't JF, yes he gets alot of stick because of his injuries, but he COULD come back and actually start earning his money by sticking it in the onion bag. The guy just needs the chance.

Naughty Fox said:
Who's to say he won't JF, yes he gets alot of stick because of his injuries, but he COULD come back and actually start earning his money by sticking it in the onion bag. The guy just needs the chance.

A monopoly chance? 2nd place in a beauty contest? Doubt it Naughty. Maybe he'll get the usual go back three spaces.

Piper now linked to KovSkum

feel for the lad if he ends up going there. if he went and played a blinder for them i would be pissed off that we didnt have a look at him. seeming as you cant get worse than momo and that includes injured players.

You have to look at who's names are being thrown around at the moment on the striker that we most desperately need, and basically I can see CL ringing nearly every prem manager with his list of targets to see if he can get one of thier 'reserves' to come and play for us until the end of the season.
Going on Mad Bikers track record it would seem that Robbie Fowler is high on that list and IMO would be what we are looking for, but how realistic is it that he would join us even if both clubs agreed? CL has got one hell of a job, not only does he need the right man for the job, but he needs someone that is going to get some of the 'CL out' brigade back on his side.

Here are some names already mentioned and a couple of 'reserve' suggestions:

Fowler what we need - 9/10 probabilty of signing - 4/10
Earnshaw 8/10 5/10
Campbell 6/10 4/10
Connolly 5/10 5/10
(people have moaned about him leaving how many would be happy if he was the 'one' we got in)
Jansen 5/10 7/10
Lisbie 5/10 8/10
Euell 5/10 8/10
Crespo 10/10 0/10
Maccarone 8/10 4/10

These are just my opinion (could have suggested more but got bored looking at prem squad lists!!), but it is going to be very diffecult to find the right player!!

Could be that CL needs to look abroad, less known player??

Re: Gareth McAULEY

Graz said:
And when they win that battle! :(

"The 26-year-old's agent told skysports.com last week that Leicester City were keen on the Northern Ireland, but The Foxes look set to be beaten to the punch by their Championship rivals."
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=350179&CPID=10&clid=&lid=2&title=Crewe+close+on+McAuley

We're above Crewe in the league, we have a bigger stadium and better facilities. How could we not get him!?
That's worrying.

perhaps he wants to play under a decent manager

Naughty Fox said:
Fowler what we need - 9/10 probabilty of signing - 4/10
Earnshaw 8/10 5/10
Campbell 6/10 4/10
Connolly 5/10 5/10
(people have moaned about him leaving how many would be happy if he was the 'one' we got in)
Jansen 5/10 7/10
Lisbie 5/10 8/10
Euell 5/10 8/10
Crespo 10/10 0/10
Maccarone 8/10 4/10

Well put together list NF, I just think we need someone with some height in the box that can head the ball. It's all well and good playing wingers but most of the time they haven't got a target man to aim for. So I'd strike Earnshaw and Connolly off the list myself.

Last edited:
DurhamFox said:
What about if Wigan gave us DC back and we forgot all about the £1m they will owe us?

Seems a fair deal :081:

Although I remember at the beginning of last season people saying he was crap and shouldnt be playing. It was only the last 10 games or so he started to bang the goals in! :icon_sad:

DurhamFox said:
What about if Wigan gave us DC back and we forgot all about the £1m they will owe us?

Why would he want to come back now, he didnt want to stay in september and that was when we were still hoping to mount a challenge for the play offs, so I would hardly imagine him being thrilled at the prospect of a relegation battle.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Why would he want to come back now, he didnt want to stay in september and that was when we were still hoping to mount a challenge for the play offs, so I would hardly imagine him being thrilled at the prospect of a relegation battle.

He cant get a look in at the JJB - he doesn't like that, never has.

I have the answer!!!!!

We let Spurs win on Sunday and in return they let us have Rasiak till the end of the season, job done.

You know it makes sense :biggrin:

Naughty Fox said:
I have the answer!!!!!

We let Spurs win on Sunday and in return they let us have Rasiak till the end of the season, job done.

I'd rather have Defoe.:icon_bigg

DurhamFox said:
He cant get a look in at the JJB - he doesn't like that, never has.

I agree on that bit, but just cannot see him coming back here, maybe if we were in or around the top half, but you never i s'pose stranger things have happened at sea !

feck DC, when what we are looking for is someone who will fight for the clubs survival your talking about bringing back a player who jumped ship when we were in a better possition months ago. NO THANKS, Rather have the mill please

I wouldn't be particularly happy if Connolly was the striker we got in... we could get worse of course but he's already proved that he needs about 20 chances per goal and we've already got enough players like that. Someone like Fowler I'd be happier with, however whether he'd want to come to us would be the key issue I think, sit on your arse and earn 50k p/w or come to Leicester and get booed (perhaps not directly) and be involved at the bottom half of the Championship table.

Naughty Fox said:
I have the answer!!!!!

that could be a possibility if george graham was still there, but unfortunately i assume jol is more professional

Any news on the Eastern Europeans we've been looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669