Russia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Its virtually all on this game regarding Englands qualification for Euro 2008.
Synthetic pitch , volatile crowd, and with tough opponents its not going to be easy. Win and England are through, draw and we will need a point against Croatia if Russia win in Israel. Defeat and we will need Israel to do us a favour. All in all a tense afternoon in prospect.

its russia, if we can't beat russia we don't deserve to go through. can't wait to see us win so the whole plastic pitch bollocks will be dead and buried :)

its russia, if we can't beat russia we don't deserve to go through. can't wait to see us win so the whole plastic pitch bollocks will be dead and buried :)

For a team that were abysmal in Germany 2006, couldnt beat Macedonia at home and struggled against Andorra away. What god given right do England have to expect to beat Russia. You only earn respect by the results you gain, and imo i rate Englands chances of success in Moscow as slightly better than 50-50, but certainly no more. This is a tough game that could all go horribly wrong.

For a team that were abysmal in Germany 2006, couldnt beat Macedonia at home and struggled against Andorra away. What god given right do England have to expect to beat Russia. You only earn respect by the results you gain, and imo i rate Englands chances of success in Moscow as slightly better than 50-50, but certainly no more. This is a tough game that could all go horribly wrong.

The fact that we ran riot over them and cruised to 3-0 over them in the last game. The team was very different *cough*Lampard*cough* against Andorra and Macedonia.

The fact that we ran riot over them and cruised to 3-0 over them in the last game. The team was very different *cough*Lampard*cough* against Andorra and Macedonia.

even with lampard in the team the difference in class between the two sides is massive.

whats the temp going to be in Russia that mite have somthing to do with it :102:

strangely enough that has been overlooked by the media excuse makers, surely the fact its feckin freezing over there would worry me more than the pitch being made of plastic

even with lampard in the team the difference in class between the two sides is massive.

Is it:102: We might have big name players but where as that got us in the past ? The cold weather, plaggy pitch, decent oppo, hostile atmosphere and the pressure surrounding the game makes this a very awkward fixture. If they come through it o.k they will have done well.

Is it:102: We might have big name players but where as that got us in the past ? The cold weather, plaggy pitch, decent oppo, hostile atmosphere and the pressure surrounding the game makes this a very awkward fixture. If they come through it o.k they will have done well.

And Russia always have played better at home

Lescott at Left Back and no place for Fat Frank according to the Press.I'd drop SWP other than his goal I thought he was awful against Estonia

Last edited:
i thought gerrard was pretty anonymous so id drop him and put lampard in his place :icon_lol::icon_wink

wrong on both counts and i only said it cos we all know you dont like mr lampard and you have a soft spot for pool :)

wrong on both counts and i only said it cos we all know you dont like mr lampard and you have a soft spot for pool :)

Only because of my stepdaughter but if you think Lampard is as good as Gerrard then thats entirely your opinion...two sugars and not too much milk in mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669