Russia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the scots though :102:
just those that knock my country when it comes to sport.listen to talksport with alan brazil and you will here plenty of banter regarding the scots and the english.andy murray wasn't shy in making it plain that he was supporting anybody but england during the last world cup.i know he doesent represent all scots,but my rant is at the likes of him and others :icon_wink

If Macedonia beat Croatia and we beat Croatia surely then we would qualify regardless of what Russia do.Unlikely I know :102:

If Macedonia beat Croatia and we beat Croatia surely then we would qualify regardless of what Russia do.Unlikely I know :102:

i might be wrong but don't the head to heads count so if that happened we would have to beat Croatia by 3 goals

i might be wrong but don't the head to heads count so if that happened we would have to beat Croatia by 3 goals

Surely our goal difference would be better than theirs and that would count first....clutching at straws really though

Surely our goal difference would be better than theirs and that would count first....clutching at straws really though

From the Euro2008 website:

Equality of points after the group matches
If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings.
a) Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question.
b) Superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question.
c) Higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question.
d) Higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question.
e) If, after applying criteria a) to d) to several teams, two or more teams still have an equal ranking, the criteria a) to d) will be reapplied to determine the ranking of these teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) and g) will apply.
f) Results of all group matches: 1. Superior goal difference 2. Higher number of goals scored 3. Higher number of goals scored away from home 4. Fair play conduct.
g) Drawing of lots.

fox58 is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673