Russia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought England played fine this afternoon. We controlled most of the game and never looked in danger til a mad few minutes. All the criticism is the typical nonsense associated with most England games. We're either the best in the world or the worst.

Qualification is not decided today anyway. If we don't qualify, it will be down to that dire performance against Macedonia at home.

Still believe Russia aren't good enough to win in Israel. Unless Abramovich buys the result for them.

If we don't make it, at least it will be the end of that muppet McLaren.

The second thing mclaren talked about in the post match interview on sky sports was the fact that it wasnt a penalty. I fear though that we fail to qualify but the FA stick with mclaren for the world cup qualifiers.

its not really optimism rather than what we should expect, we were playing a crock of shite but then our team decided to more than match them in that respect. how the great manager (joke) can turn a team with those 11 players to play in a fashion which would make them look at home in the championship

Imo you talking as though England were world champions playing against a bunch of no hopers. To assume England are way above teams like Russia is way off the mark. Given all things equal England would probaly edge Russia out, but as i stated at the start of this thread that this was always going to be a very difficult fixture. Russia are managed by a top coach and are no mugs. They would probaly sit comfortably in the 2nd tier of world football, with us just slightly infront of them.
What you need to ask is, what have England done to make the oppostion respect and fear us:102: not a lot imo.

don't they have a massively high rate of people topping themselves? surely it can't be that good

Their suicide rate is lower than that of France, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, Canada and others.

It's just when the national team play like they did last night that people want to shoot themselves! Other than that, it's a fairly nice country to live in.

Imo you talking as though England were world champions playing against a bunch of no hopers. To assume England are way above teams like Russia is way off the mark. Given all things equal England would probaly edge Russia out, but as i stated at the start of this thread that this was always going to be a very difficult fixture. Russia are managed by a top coach and are no mugs. They would probaly sit comfortably in the 2nd tier of world football, with us just slightly infront of them.
What you need to ask is, what have England done to make the oppostion respect and fear us:102: not a lot imo.

Absolutely. When the draw was made, this was a fixture that you would have pencilled in as "not likely to get anything". The damage was not done last night but last year when they dropped 7 points out of 9.

we've dropped points to Russia, Croatia, Israel and Mace****ingdonia

**** off Mclaren and take Downing with you :098:

I thought we deserved to lose but I don't think its that vlearcut that we are out,Israel away is no easy match for Russia.If we do go out then at least we might get rid of McLaren....we might end up with Murinho

I thought we deserved to lose but I don't think its that vlearcut that we are out,Israel away is no easy match for Russia.If we do go out then at least we might get rid of McLaren....we might end up with Murinho

Id prefer Mourinho;), but I can’t see the fa ever going for it.

why didnt i look away...
gutted with result tonight. would have been incredible at hampden for the italy game if we had a real chance of qualifying. really cant see us getting to the championships now...:(

He's a charming man isn't he,makes me proud to be English when I read a post like that....

He's a charming man isn't he,makes me proud to be English when I read a post like that....
lighten up hf,do you think your jock mates were cheering our boys on last night.no.in fact the majority would have been wetting their pants (more so than usuall) at our boys getting beat.
if i want to poke fun in return,whats wrong in that:102:

lighten up hf,do you think your jock mates were cheering our boys on last night.no.in fact the majority would have been wetting their pants (more so than usuall) at our boys getting beat.
if i want to poke fun in return,whats wrong in that:102:

In the pub I was in the Scots weren't at all interested in the England match,they were only interested in supporting their own Country,England aren't important to them.Thre were about 6 of us English watching it and we all agreed England were a shower of shit.
You can poke funall you want I would doubt any Scots read your posts anyway:102:

You can poke funall you want I would doubt any Scots read your posts anyway:102:
well one did.

nice to see you have a local that 'get on' regarding sporting events.but where i live we have scots,aussies and loads of irish and the 'banter' can vary from poking fun to outside (very rare).

its the same when we beat the aussies in the rugby.we get enough stick of them,so its allways nice to return it.:icon_wink

you are probably protective of your scottish friends up there,i dont blame you, but allow me my rants from time to time,its theraputical:icon_razz

We were shite and got out played by an average team because we were too negative. The manager and players got it completely wrong.

As has been mentioned, the only good thing to come out of this is that McLaren should get the sack (provided Russia beat Israel).

Sven only lost three competitive fixtures while in charge, all at major finals.
He was widely regarded as a failure.

McLaren has already lost two despite having more or less the same squad. How long will he be given?

well one did.

nice to see you have a local that 'get on' regarding sporting events.but where i live we have scots,aussies and loads of irish and the 'banter' can vary from poking fun to outside (very rare).

its the same when we beat the aussies in the rugby.we get enough stick of them,so its allways nice to return it.:icon_wink

you are probably protective of your scottish friends up there,i dont blame you, but allow me my rants from time to time,its theraputical:icon_razz

you might call them rants but anyone who is (not necessarily) scottish and reads your posts could interprete it as racism :102:

you might call them rants but anyone who is (not necessarily) scottish and reads your posts could interprete it as racism :102:
:018:nothing racist about calling someone ginger,drunken and workshy.if you think differently,then most on here are racists.

i am not a racist,and it allways pisses me off when people play the racist card so liberally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669