Saint Paddy's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I want as much paid leave as I can scrape out of this godforsaken life!!!

exactly my point, a typical response from a british worker. Why does an employer not get paid leave?

exactly my point, a typical response from a british worker. Why does an employer not get paid leave?

They do it they are smart enough. You are obviously doing something wrong.

I'm neither of these people. Whoever they may be, I'm sure their mothers love 'em, but I am H.T.B, lover of this great country of ours, and get fecking annoyed when all and sundry can celebrate just about any colour,creed, nation, and/or sexuality from the rooftops.

As soon as white, straight, Englishman says anything he gets told, sorry old boy, can't do that might upset x, y or fecking z.

Why I appreciate everybody has feelings, and it is not my intention to deliberately go out and upset whoever, but I have feelings too, but what the ****, I am an Englishman and my feelings don't count.

I'm neither of these people. Whoever they may be, I'm sure their mothers love 'em, but I am H.T.B, lover of this great country of ours, and get fecking annoyed when all and sundry can celebrate just about any colour,creed, nation, and/or sexuality from the rooftops.

As soon as white, straight, Englishman says anything he gets told, sorry old boy, can't do that might upset x, y or fecking z.

Why I appreciate everybody has feelings, and it is not my intention to deliberately go out and upset whoever, but I have feelings too, but what the ****, I am an Englishman and my feelings don't count.

Shut up you middle class Honky.

I would love to see how you work that one out....

Well the people I have worked for managed it. Simply by hiring the right staff who can run the place while they aren't there and giving them time off in lieu for working bank holidays.

Worked at every place I have been to. In fact my boss is off today, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The place runs fine... if you are a one man band then you are fecked and should expect it for being self employed. Just how I was when I was freelance.

Well the people I have worked for managed it. Simply by hiring the right staff who can run the place while they aren't there and giving them time off in lieu for working bank holidays.

Worked at every place I have been to. In fact my boss is off today, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The place runs fine... if you are a one man band then you are fecked and should expect it for being self employed. Just how I was when I was freelance.

and they have the same profits if they go into work or not. Nobody pays them to have time off. It just means the profits are there to be able to do that. They dont get paid extra to have the day off.

and they have the same profits if they go into work or not. Nobody pays them to have time off. It just means the profits are there to be able to do that. They dont get paid extra to have the day off.

Can I asked what your company does?

Seeing as it's a limited company technically they are just an employee so they get paid to have the day off, the same as everyone else.

Seeing as it's a limited company technically they are just an employee so they get paid to have the day off, the same as everyone else.

But you go limited for various reasons. I take days off when I want and how often I want.
You would still get paid holiday pay if the firm started to get into difficulties, an owner would not. The firm goes down the shitter you get redundancy an owner does not.
You drop a massive expensive bollock at work, who pays for it? Not the employee the owner does and ****s up his day off he was planning to have.

I want an "England" day, not some ****ing saints day.

But you go limited for various reasons. I take days off when I want and how often I want.
You would still get paid holiday pay if the firm started to get into difficulties, an owner would not. The firm goes down the shitter you get redundancy an owner does not.
You drop a massive expensive bollock at work, who pays for it? Not the employee the owner does and ****s up his day off he was planning to have.

:102:

And if the company goes well you can cream all the money, if you have the right staff you don't even have to be there... I can work my balls off and get no extra in my pocket.

Swings and roundabouts.

Why have ' May day'. Most people in this country are not communists, so why have this day. I would much prefer a Churchill day or Wellington day in the middle of summer. At least it would be something that relates to the history of this country

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46