Saint Paddy's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. India have almost 1 billion more people then Ireland yet the majority have heard of St Patricks Day and not Diwali :090:

Our associations with ireland go back a little further than our associations with India!

**** off, hardly anyone I knew, knew it was Diwali :bang:

Why the **** should they?

In Leicestershire primary schools kids were making Happy Diwali cards to take home, WTF is that all about, when down Cornwall at the Eden project they can't send Happy Christmas cards.

It ****ing stinks.
:bang:

In Leicestershire primary schools kids were making Happy Diwali cards to take home, WTF is that all about, when down Cornwall at the Eden project they can't send Happy Christmas cards.

It ****ing stinks.

And why has what kids do in Leicestershire schools got anything to do with the Eden Project?

I treat all religions with equal contempt, but as Hinduism is one of the main religions in Leicestershire why shouldn't kids learn about it in school?
I haven't heard of any schools in Leicester not celebrating xmas, and xmas still gets far more publicity than any other 'religious' celebration. Even in Leicester schools.
So what exactly is your point, or are you just moaning about people being 'different'?

up st george , bollocks to the paddy

He was Anatolian. :102:

From Wikipedia:

St. George is the patron saint of Aragon, Canada, Catalonia, China, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Montenegro, Palestine, Portugal, Russia, and Serbia, as well as the cities of Amersfoort, Beirut, Ferrara, Freiburg, Genoa, Ljubljana, and Moscow, as well as a wide range of professions, organisations and disease sufferers.

All fine places I am sure but most of them not very English. :102:

It ****ing stinks.

I don't know whether you have noticed but this country has millions of Hindu's living in it. How many do you encounter every day? I know I will speak in the region of 5 at least today. They are a part of Britain, so their religion is learnt in Britain.

I don't know whether you have noticed but this country has millions of Hindu's living in it. How many do you encounter every day? I know I will speak in the region of 5 at least today. They are a part of Britain, so their religion is learnt in Britain.
There are lots of snooker players living on Britian, I guess I will speak to at least 5 today. Maybe we should teach snooker in schools.

Religion is pretend, it's fantasy, it's make believe. It's no better than teaching kids at school about Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry or Cinderella FFS

Last edited:
There are lots of snooker players living on Britian, I guess I will speak to at least 5 today. Maybe we should teach snooker in schools.

Religion is pretend, it's fantasy, it's make believe. It's no better than teaching kids at school about Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry or Cinderella FFS

But it's someone's belief - it affects their lifestyle, the way they dressed, what they eat etc. I know religion is horseshit but a good percentage of Britain are religious and ignoring them is going to get us fecking nowhere. Ok, it's not education but a children needs to understand other people's lifestyles and culture in order to get along in modern day UK.

Just ignoring it could lead to association by colour and race. Ie. He wears that hat because he's brown. Not because he's a Sikh.

But it's someone's belief - it affects their lifestyle, the way they dressed, what they eat etc. I know religion is horseshit but a good percentage of Britain are religious and ignoring them is going to get us fecking nowhere. Ok, it's not education but a children needs to understand other people's lifestyles and culture in order to get along in modern day UK.

Just ignoring it could lead to association by colour and race. Ie. He wears that hat because he's brown. Not because he's a Sikh.
Bollocks, absolute ****ing bollocks.

Snooker is facts and figures, snooker has a history, snooker has statistics.

OK, the snooker stuff is just being silly, but you get my point. It has more substance than religion, it's real.

Facts, figures and statistics should be taught in schools, not ****ing theories and beliefs.

"See that that person there, you know, the one that just flew his aeroplane into that big building and killed them few thousand people. Today children, we are going to learn about what he believes in. When you grow up, you too can be like him"

Facts, figures and statistics should be taught in schools, not ****ing theories and beliefs.

"See that that person there, you know, the one that just flew his aeroplane into that big building and killed them few thousand people. Today children, we are going to learn about what he believes in. When you grow up, you too can be like him"

1. And some facts and figures rely on religion. Take the use of years as a datum - it starts at the birth of Christ.

2. That's exaggerated bollocks. The people what caused them are fanatics. A teacher wouldn't use them as a typical modern day muslim example.

Im not being dragged into a religous debate as that’s not what the forum is all about for me but I will just say that I would hope that what is being taught in schools is an understanding that not all Muslims act in the way that a few radical extremists do. Religion is here to stay like it or not so why not have an understanding of the ins and outs of it all.

Last edited:
Im not being dragged into a religous debate as that’s not what the forum is all about for me but I will just say that I would hope that what is being taught in schools is an understanding that not all Muslims act in the way that a few radical extremists do. Religion is here to stay like it or not so why not have an understanding of the ins and outs of it all.
But it's all fantasy. I understand the need/desire to educate the young about differing religions around the world. But I hate the fact that we are forced to learn a religion because it's now common place in this country.

The world would be a much better place if religions didn't integrate. It seems we're taught to integrate and appreciate other religions, while other religions are taught theirs is the best, and the rest are bollocks.

I'm amazed at the intense level that fantasy can affect reality.

1. And some facts and figures rely on religion. Take the use of years as a datum - it starts at the birth of Christ.

2. That's exaggerated bollocks. The people what caused them are fanatics. A teacher wouldn't use them as a typical modern day muslim example.

I thought it started at the death, AD, so why is easter not January 1st?

I thought it started at the death, AD, so why is easter not January 1st?
Because there are no facts, and this Jesus idea was probably dreamt up hundreds of years after it was supposed to have happened. It's just a fantasy story that happened in the past, a bit like Peter Pan.

A story that has got out of control.

Last edited:
Another thread on religion and Jesus,God etc...:102:
Who likes Guinness ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49