Saint Paddy's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way St Paddy's day is celebrated in England Pisses me off.

Im not going to give reason so if you want one feck off.

:102:

And if the company goes well you can cream all the money, if you have the right staff you don't even have to be there... I can work my balls off and get no extra in my pocket.

Swings and roundabouts.

no not at all. Your contract will be seen through to the last penny. The owners always take all the risks. British workers do nothing but bleat about how they run this company and that company. Yet usually they are just an insignificant link in the firm.

no not at all. Your contract will be seen through to the last penny. The owners always take all the risks. British workers do nothing but bleat about how they run this company and that company. Yet usually they are just an insignificant link in the firm.

Yeah of course you do, that's the risk you take by being an employer... but if the benefits didn't out way taking a bit of responsibility people wouldn't do it. I don't have a contract and until i've worked here I year i'll get feck all if I lose my job.

If you are running a failing company and making no money then get out of the kitchen. If you are good at what you do you should be reaping enough reward to see a company through any tough times.

As i'm currently working for a company that has two employees, me and the owner... I KNOW i'm running this fecking company.

Last edited:
Frankly I can't wait to start my own company, as soon as my property situation is sorted then i'm going for it. I'm going to have to work my balls off, I probably won't see a two week holiday again for years to come... but the challenge and hopefully the profit will make it worth while.

so if anyone needs anything designed or printed let me know. I'll give talking balls rates.

Last edited:
I didn't even know it was St Patrick's day until I saw it on here. If people want to use it as an excuse then it's up to them.

If people want to do the same thing on St George's day no one is stopping them, so why all the moaning?

Exactly

I didn't even know it was St Patrick's day until I saw it on here.
bit of confusion this year-st patricks day is always the 17th usually, but apparently it was officially moved back to the 15th (saturday), as the church don't allow a saints day during holy week-so a bit of confusion all round-however there were some parades on sunday but the majority of those in Ireland still celebrate it today regardless !

I still think St George's day should be a bank holiday!

No we already have too many holidays around April / May. If we should have another bank holiday let's have it in Oct or Nov.

One question, why does this country spend more ****ing time promoting other countries celebratory days than our own?

By all means enjoy your day if you're Irish (or a guiness lover) but why should there be a frigging parade through the Irish capital of Birmingham for ****s sake.

The othe day people were selling daffs. I ain't Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Non Caucasean(sp) non eu, asian brown, pink with yellow spots.

I'm English and ****ing proud of it. Can we have our country back please, amd be proud to show our englishness, not British or uk etc...

Rant over, enjoy your guiness, I'm off to do some morris dancing.....

**** off, hardly anyone I knew, knew it was Diwali :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47