Saints Docked Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
always hated southampton, sooner they **** off to the lower leagues the better in my eyes

Someone will step in at the last minute, they always do!

i've got nothing against Southampton, they're a former Premiership team that fell to League One after dropping out and getting a new stadium...and going bust

er...same as us but a slightly different timing

if people dislike them because a former player cheered for them when they stayed up on the telly...that's pretty feeble

Two Parties Keen On Buying Southampton FC

Administrator Mark Fry speaking at the Press Conference yesterday regarding the points deduction said he was in serious discussion and going through the Due Diligence stage with one very keen suitor wanting to buy the Club. He also stated that there was another party looking to go through due diligence.

It has been rumoured since day one that Saints fan Anthony Salz is actively involved in his role as Vice Chairman of Rothschild to find a buyer.

Salz was networked into the Club by Leon Crouch and Mary Corbett late last season. Before they where all disgracefully turfed out by the incompetent scumbags Lowe and Wilde. Like i said its thought Salz could be acting for clients and may or may not be part of the consortium.

There has been no indication whether those wanting to buy the Club will also buy the Stadium.

There is still the option of the Council doing this for a knockdown £10million takeway.

Lease back to the club and earn some investment for Sotonians.

Aviva who own the Stadium could also simply just carry on with present arrangements as it was Barclays who pulled the overdraft plug.
24 Apr

from here

i've got nothing against Southampton, they're a former Premiership team that fell to League One after dropping out and getting a new stadium...and going bust

er...same as us but a slightly different timing

if people dislike them because a former player cheered for them when they stayed up on the telly...that's pretty feeble

He was being paid to report on the game not to be a fan. If he wanted to cheer and shout he should have been at the game. It was hard enough having the realisation that City were actually going down without him screaming and shouting.

I wouldnt wish any club out of business and hope they do get a buyer, but I will happily take some satisfaction from them being relegated.

Apparantly going out of business if no buyer found within 8 days

Not new news. It was reported at the start of the month that they might not be able to reach the end of the season without a buyer - see this report from the Daily Telegraph, dated 2nd April. The current 8-day deadline appears to be a slight extension on that, but with no more gate money to come the club must now be in serious jeopardy - and they may not be the only ones.

If they do manage to last out, their next hurdle might be the Football League asking for assurance that they will be able to carry out next season's fixtures and, possibly, asking for a bond to ensure that they do. An administrator is unlikely to pay that, so they really are faced with a rush to safeguard their future. Without the assurance and the bond, it is likely that they would be kicked out of the league.

Last edited:
Not new news. It was reported at the start of the month that they might not be able to reach the end of the season without a buyer - see this report from the Daily Telegraph, dated 2nd April. The current 8-day deadline appears to be a slight extension on that, but with no more gate money to come the club must now be in serious jeopardy - and they may not be the only ones.

If they do manage to last out, their next hurdle might be the Football League asking for assurance that they will be able to carry out next season's fixtures and, possibly, asking for a bond to ensure that they do. An administrator is unlikely to pay that, so they really are faced with a rush to safeguard their future. Without the assurance and the bond, it is likely that they would be kicked out of the league.

Out of interest what would happen if they were kicked out? Obviously this would only leave 23 teams in league 1

Interestingly the non league paper was reporting that the Blue Square league have been sounded out about accepting Saints should they be forced out of the league.

He was being paid to report on the game not to be a fan. If he wanted to cheer and shout he should have been at the game. It was hard enough having the realisation that City were actually going down without him screaming and shouting.

I wouldnt wish any club out of business and hope they do get a buyer, but I will happily take some satisfaction from them being relegated.

i had no problems with him cheering and shouting his team on he is a saints fan afterall, we were relegated because we were consistently rubbish but to have a pop at a fan of another club because they escaped relegation at our expense just seems bitter to me, BUT i am quite pleased that we will be swapping places with them next season :)

i had no problems with him cheering and shouting his team on he is a saints fan afterall, we were relegated because we were consistently rubbish but to have a pop at a fan of another club because they escaped relegation at our expense just seems bitter to me, BUT i am quite pleased that we will be swapping places with them next season :)

I had no problem with Southampton escaping relegation, but whilst I was grieving I didnt need some big nosed twat jumping up and down celebrating.

I had no problem with Southampton escaping relegation, but whilst I was grieving I didnt need some big nosed twat jumping up and down celebrating.

:icon_bigg we have the last laugh now :icon_wink i did find it amusing when le tiss was talking about how unfair it is that the saints will start on -10 next season when/if they finish in the bottom 3, he must have a short memory because leeds knew they were relegated from the championship then they went into administration so had 10 points deducted when it didnt make any difference which league they were in, so because of leeds exploiting a loop-hole the FL had to put its foot down, which i think was the right thing to do even though the fans/players suffer

Southampton are and have been at risk of folding - although I somehow doubt that that will happen, but the possibility of a fairly big club going out of business has been rolling around for quite some time.

There are wider implications in that clubs promoted to the Premiership are now reluctant to push the boat out to much and clubs relegated are now much more pressured to jetison expensive staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669