Saints Docked Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly the non league paper was reporting that the Blue Square league have been sounded out about accepting Saints should they be forced out of the league.

Yeah this apparantly is true it would be the Blue Square Premier and reading the article as I got the paper yesterday it is only if the team reforms that this would happen.It is the rules that the FL INSIST that such a team must start a minimum of 2 Leagues further down than the League they were due to start the following season
There IS precedent here, although on a smaller scale, as Boston Utd and Halifax have suffered because of this. Boston should have gone into the Blue Square Premier and ended up in the Unibond Premier, and they nearly got relegated from there this season. Halifax ended up in the Unibond Division One North (ended up 8th this season) whereas they should have gone into Blue Square North.

Last edited:
Blimey, Halifax used to be a half decent outfit.

Last edited:
Blimey, Halifax used to be a half decent outfit.

Yeah they went down hill fast both playing and financially after that play-off game at the Walkers when they lost to Hereford as of course that meant they went in the league instead and did eventually get into League 1(although now relegated of course)

Halifax are now 3 promotions off the Football League

Last edited:
If he wanted to cheer and shout he should have been at the game

so you were at Stoke? :icon_roll or did you watch the game in silence on the telly?

I wasn't getting paid to be an impartial pundit :icon_roll

How do you know he's being paid to be impartial?

I'd much rather have pundits who are passionate supporters than someone who is not bothered what happens.

You must have had a really sheltered life if one person celebrating his team's survival winds you up so much. Get over it.

with or without Matt LeTiss I'd still love to see them tumble a little further :icon_lol:

I wasn't getting paid to be an impartial pundit :icon_roll

These people aren't paid to be impartial, but they are one of the reasons that football programming is so poor in this country. The So'ton mongies will go wild for Sky Sports when Le Tiss is on, just as our mongies will when someone like Claridge is on. Neither has much to say or the ability to say it wel anyway, but enough mongies of all stripe accept it because they know their hero will get a go soon.

All ex-players should have court orders banning them from standing in front of a camera, and football broadcasting should be the sole preserve of James Richardson (I'll allow an occasional assistant role from Adria Chiles.)

Apparently 130K donated on that website was used to pay the players wages!

I doubt it, the website said they weren't going to be collecting moneys until the club had absolutely no other choice.

I doubt it too - only £90,000 has been pledged. This scheme is about setting up a new business to take over the club, not bailing out the old one.

I want to know why West Ham haven't been docked points when their holding company has gone into liquidation!

Differant rules for them, the FA love them :icon_bigg

Different rules for them, they're in the Premiership so the Football League can't dock them points.

But it would also depend on the individual circumstances.
If the football club has borrowed money from the parent company and that's what's put them into trouble, that would be a case for docking points. If the football club is solvent and hasn't borrowed money from the parent company it would be harsh to punish the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669