Saints Docked Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlton and Southampton both relegated WOW

So, does this mean it would have been better for them to put the club into admin and take the -10 this season rather than face the likelihood of starting off next season with -10? Or was it too late for this and the FL would have put the -10 on next season anyway?

So, does this mean it would have been better for them to put the club into admin and take the -10 this season rather than face the likelihood of starting off next season with -10? Or was it too late for this and the FL would have put the -10 on next season anyway?

Too late - the deadline was a few weeks ago. It's now at the discretion of the Football League which season the points will be deducted.

If they finish is the bottom 3 regardless of the 10 point deduction, the points will be applied to the start of next season.

Seems like the most likely outcome - can't see them finishing outside the bottom 3 at all. Could be a massive blow to them, I think they'll struggle in League 1 next year starting on -10, what with Charlton and possibly Norwich down there along with either Dons, Millwall, Leeds, Scunthorpe or Tranmere... Should be very interesting - I'm very glad we won't be around, looks like it'll be a damn sight tougher next season.

We should go in for a few of their better players though, especially Andrew Surman - they should be available on the cheap now they're in administration.

We should go in for a few of their better players though, especially Andrew Surman - they should be available on the cheap now they're in administration.

I believe NP has already made comment on that :icon_wink

Has he? Please enlighten me!

An interview with SSN ....

Something along the lines of, 'Looking likely Southampton were going down and he intended to take some of Saints players he knew well into the Leicester City set up for next season'

An interview with SSN ....

Something along the lines of, 'Looking likely Southampton were going down and he intended to take some of Saints players he knew well into the Leicester City set up for next season'

Really? Brilliant, I'd be happy with a few of their squad. I think if they'd kept Pearson on they'd have stayed up this season with the quality of players in their side. Unfortunately it looks like they're all going to be cherry picked now.

Any of these please Milan & NP:

Surman
Saganowski
McGoldrick
Schneiderlin
Skacel

Too late - the deadline was a few weeks ago. It's now at the discretion of the Football League which season the points will be deducted.

Theyve announced it along with the deduction. If Southampton stay up the pts deduction will be this season, if they go down it will be next season.

So they still have something to play for, if they get the pts that wouldve finished 21st or above, although already relegated theyll start next season on 0pts instead of -10pts

Theyve announced it along with the deduction. If Southampton stay up the pts deduction will be this season, if they go down it will be next season.

So they still have something to play for, if they get the pts that wouldve finished 21st or above, although already relegated theyll start next season on 0pts instead of -10pts

The reamianing few games of the season are the biggest in the clubs history Imo.

The reamianing few games of the season are the biggest in the clubs history Imo.

They've only got Burnley (home) and Forest (away) to play.

4 points from safety, and I can't see them getting out of the bottom 3 at all.

Reading various forums it seems possible that they could start next season with -27 points if they don't deal with admin with a CVA (I'm sure boc knows all about this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669