Saints Docked Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different rules for them, they're in the Premiership so the Football League can't dock them points.

But it would also depend on the individual circumstances.
If the football club has borrowed money from the parent company and that's what's put them into trouble, that would be a case for docking points. If the football club is solvent and hasn't borrowed money from the parent company it would be harsh to punish the club.

:icon_roll i was joking ffs :icon_wink

What makes it even worse is that the company looking to take over at West Ham, is, itself, in financial difficulty. Surely that's got to contravene some sort of 'fit and proper' rules :102:

If they've not played the players, then surely they can walk away for breach of contract ?

If they've not played the players, then surely they can walk away for breach of contract ?

I think you're right.

I suspect that Southampton's problems are going to run for a while yet.

What makes it even worse is that the company looking to take over at West Ham, is, itself, in financial difficulty. Surely that's got to contravene some sort of 'fit and proper' rules :102:

The fit and proper rules relate to people, not companies. However, in West Ham's case things are a little different, as the football club is running normally, paying wages etc. The holding company has been brought down by the Icelandic financial crisis and it's only real asset is West Ham, which they are looking to sell. It's not the same as Southampton where the football club and the holding company are bust.

The fit and proper rules relate to people, not companies. However, in West Ham's case things are a little different, as the football club is running normally, paying wages etc. The holding company has been brought down by the Icelandic financial crisis and it's only real asset is West Ham, which they are looking to sell. It's not the same as Southampton where the football club and the holding company are bust.

Yes, I appreciate that, but one of the companies looking to buy (another Icelandic bank), is in financial difficulties, therefore I don't think that should be allowed to buy the club.

Last edited:
The end is close for them, It's a very real danger.

Leicester City were the only League club not to vote for a points deduction when going into administration. :icon_wink

Spending their promotion cash already. They signed Doyle today from Reading for £6.5m

Intentions being set early doors by them, their fans must be enjoying pre season.

Takeover completed today.

Also a few of their players seem to be going to prem clubs, if they are that good how on earth did they get relegated?

Takeover completed today.

Also a few of their players seem to be going to prem clubs, if they are that good how on earth did they get relegated?

Football is a team game not just about having a few good individuals, that's probably why they got relegated.

Glad this takeover had been done, hope the Saints return next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669