Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't go the Cinema.I think the last film I saw at the cinema was Close Encounters of the Third Kind.Not really a Film person,it means having to concentrate for more than half hour so thats me fecked

I'd keep you entertained :icon_bigg

HOT ROD

About a wannabe stuntman following in the footsteps of his father. Good (if a little predictable) comedy, excellent rock soundtrack comprising mainly of songs from Europe's 'Final Countdown' album :icon_lol:. Some good memorable one-liners and generally a pleasant surprise (watched it on sky because there was nothing else interesting on)

As I said the comedy moments are pretty predictable but it's a tried and tested formula and doesn't stop you splitting sides when a stunt goes wrong etc

8/10

Don't go the Cinema.I think the last film I saw at the cinema was Close Encounters of the Third Kind.Not really a Film person,it means having to concentrate for more than half hour so thats me fecked

I went to the cinema for the first time in six years last night!

I watched Yes Man. I think Jim Carey was good about 10/15 years ago in Ace Ventura etc, but not anymore

I'm sure lots of people will enjoy this movie if they like JC and haven't read the book. I think I chuckled about 5 times but only once at a JC moment.

I would love to see this made again by a British film company and related more to book.

Overall 6/10.

On a side note, I have heard they are going to turn Join Me (another Danny Wallace book) into a movie. I hpe they do it better than Yes Man.

save the last dance 1/2. Good shape throwing skills in both of these HF.

it's made watchable by the birds in it too. **** knows what the story is about. i'm guessing somebody saved the last dance. i just watched the birds.

Was it along the lines of "March of the Penguins"?

Nick and Norahs Infinate Playlist - 9/10 - really really liked this, a very good story and a nicely done snapshot film. Will be well liked by the Juno fanbase in particular. Kat Dennings is very pretty!

Saw slumdog millionaire last night.

Thought it was a very good story well told and very well acted. I have never seen so many people walk out of a film though!! having said that most of them were young lads and the 2 chavs that walked out after 10 minutes proclaiming, " i dint pay 7 quid to atch a load of paki kids." pretty much summed them up i think.

Overall would recommend as a film to see with the lady in your life. 8.5/10

Saw slumdog millionaire last night.

Thought it was a very good story well told and very well acted. I have never seen so many people walk out of a film though!! having said that most of them were young lads and the 2 chavs that walked out after 10 minutes proclaiming, " i dint pay 7 quid to atch a load of paki kids." pretty much summed them up i think.

Overall would recommend as a film to see with the lady in your life. 8.5/10

Agreed, very good film with a bit of everything you'd want action, comedy, romance (for the ladies) and a feel good ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669