Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've clearly never seen Man on the Moon then.

Very emotional film and very well acted. It's an excellent film and he's superb in it.

OK - in nearly every movie and I didn't say he was a bad actor.

Seven Pounds - 9/10 - I managed to avoid most people trying to give the end away to this and really enjoyed it. Will Smith was intense.

The Wrestler - 7/10

Hardly original but brilliantly acted. Dips in pace didn't help and the ending very cliched but still tugged at the old heart.

It seems a very weird film (no pun) for Aranofsky based on the trailer, is it similar to his other stuff?

It seems a very weird film (no pun) for Aranofsky based on the trailer, is it similar to his other stuff?

In terms of topic yes but in terms of theme of the film no. The look of the film as well is not too dis-similar to Pi or Requiem. Just as bleak and depressing than Requiem For A Dream and equally as crude in parts.

I read a cracking quote off an article about Aranofsky's films. They all have the recurring theme ''that dying is easy, living is hard.''

http://www.littlewhitelies.co.uk/reviews/the-wrestler/

i don't care if you take the piss but I watched watership down yesterday and it was really good. much better than i remembered.

I watched Dodge ball again today. It really is funny.

Love Guru, 7.5/10, if you were to bring "carry on" into the 21st century I'd say this would be pretty close to it, with it's "subtelty".

A few laugh out loud moments, 1 especially when Mike Meyers picks Verne up.

Watched The Contractor last night with Wesley Snipes. Worst film I have seen for yonks and he should get another 6 months bird for that!

Just got back from seeing frost/nixon which i thought was superb and surprisingly quite funny too. Frank Langella was brilliant as Nixon too-9/10

Just got back from seeing frost/nixon which i thought was superb and surprisingly quite funny too. Frank Langella was brilliant as Nixon too-9/10

I agree with most of your reviews drummin and I really wanted to watch this so I now shall do. If it's shit I'll blame you haha!

I agree with most of your reviews drummin and I really wanted to watch this so I now shall do. If it's shit I'll blame you haha!

Far too crawly bum lick that Singth.Why don't you drop him a line and see if he fancies going to see something with you..perhaps a bite to eat and a club afterwards

I was waiting for your invite H........

Don't go the Cinema.I think the last film I saw at the cinema was Close Encounters of the Third Kind.Not really a Film person,it means having to concentrate for more than half hour so thats me fecked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669