Speculation Schlupp to Manchester United?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just not Macky! Ok?

Have you thought about letting somebody at the club know about this? The idiots at the club clearly don't know about this rule that a professional footballer is only capable of playing in one single defined position throughout their playing career.
To think, these fools actually get paid lots of money to do their job.

Fergie: nige, got any decent youngsters I can kick the tyres on?
Pearson: I do now you mention it.

Man U are essentially our feeder club now: I wouldn't be surprised if they had a first refusal agreement with us already in place.

Maybe ManU are trying him out in his best position unlike our last few managers, Sven letting him score 3 in a league cup game then moving him to LB was a classic.

He played 21 times in the league last year, he scored twice but I can't remember him being anything more than average in those games. For me he's looked more impressive at left back, and I would bet that's why united have shown an interest in him. I can't believe it's as a striker, because he hasn't been one for some time, and was only an average when when he was.

For me he's looked more impressive at left back.

Don't be absurd Babs, how could he possibly be a left back? It was printed in a matchday program once that he's a striker, therefore that's the only possible position that he can play at for his career. Sure if you put him in any other position he'll just fall about the place in a daze wondering what the **** is going on

Don't be absurd Babs, how could he possibly be a left back? It was printed in a matchday program once that he's a striker, therefore that's the only possible position that he can play at for his career. Sure if you put him in any other position he'll just fall about the place in a daze wondering what the **** is going on

Makes you wonder what planet O'Neill was on when he used to play Walsh and Elliot up front. Madness I tell you, everyone knows they were central defenders. Lunacy.

Last edited:

I've seen every minute of first team football that he played for us and my personal opinion is that he is a better attacker than defender, only time will tell if he makes a career at lb, as a striker or on the wing.

Is this for real then? Seems very very strange to me. I think he's a good up and coming player for us but good enough to be involved with Manchester United? Surely not that good. He's never shown anything that would suggest he's that good.

I was shocked when i first heard about it but thinking about it, I can definitely see why they want to take a look at him.

They'll be more interested in him as a left back as the top clubs love full-backs who are essentially wingers that can tackle and Jeff has shown, albeit quite briefly, that he is quite conpetent in that position as he has the ability and pace to beat a man or chase back someone breaking through and he is also very strong in the tackle.

Definitely agree with Miles though, we are definitely a feeder team for United now, we get their youngsters when they aren't good enough for United but we can help develop them and given this Schlupp trial, it appears they would have a first option on our players as it's quite rare for a senior player to go on trial elsewhere mid-season.

I was shocked when i first heard about it but thinking about it, I can definitely see why they want to take a look at him.

They'll be more interested in him as a left back as the top clubs love full-backs who are essentially wingers that can tackle and Jeff has shown, albeit quite briefly, that he is quite conpetent in that position as he has the ability and pace to beat a man or chase back someone breaking through and he is also very strong in the tackle.

Definitely agree with Miles though, we are definitely a feeder team for United now, we get their youngsters when they aren't good enough for United but we can help develop them and given this Schlupp trial, it appears they would have a first option on our players as it's quite rare for a senior player to go on trial elsewhere mid-season.

Surely if we are taking their players, they are our feeder club?

What's the harm for United anyway? If they don't like the look of him we have him back, it's no skin off their noses (or ours for that matter, given that he isn't getting near the team anyway).

Very very rare for SAF to sign anyone out of nappies from a lower league club. Maybe a symptom of the new batch of Fergies fledglings not being very good.

Schlupp doesn't look in the Heskey class as a goalscorer, whereas at left back he seems more of a polishable diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669