Scowcroft

What part will the spud play against Leeds?

• Be a sub and come on and look lost as usual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be an un-used sub

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
I'm goin to disgaree with you lot, and stick up for him. He did well in my eyes and he distributed the ball well. Bent can play well on the wing because he has the attributes - Scowcroft doesn't have that. he is a striker who holds up the ball, picks out a pass, and causes problems for the defenders. I certainly didn't think he played awful tonight, he tried his best, and i'm not taking this bollox that he didn't challenge for 50/50 balls, because he did. Peopele underestimate his work rate, but because he hasn't got pace, then this decieves people. Pace isn't everything, but some misguided people think it's the only thing that matters.

He is a very useful player for us - But we need him upfront to get the best out of him. In our relegation season where we were arguably the worst ever team to play in the league back then, Scowcroft was given a run upfront and showed how much of a decent player he was, despite the lack of support he got and the lack of quality within the team. He scored goals, he caused problems for the best defenders in the league, and he showed the qualities of a Premiershuip striker.

He's played out wide for so long, he probably has lost the touch - But he has the quality, and should be given a chance.

He gives 100% to Leicester City, and you can't ask much more than that. Call him whatever you like, but while he is in a blue shirt, I will support him all the way as supposed to taking up the negative mady arse role of slagging off the team and individuals at every opportunity.

All well and good Scowcroft, but he isn't better than Dickov, Ferdinand or Bent os he should be on the bench. As you say he isn't a winger and the strikers we have are better than him, so he should work his bollocks off when he gets the chance.

Malf, I don't think he should be personally be in the team. He is not better than Bent, Sir Les and the Pest, I accept that, but what pisses me off is people slagging him off while he is tring his best. We don't choose the team, Micky Adams does - He feels Scowy can provide that threat which other player's don't. People think Scowy is all aerial ability - He isn't - He can pick out passes and he holds the ball up so well. We have to respect what Micky does - He has got us to this position where we have a chance of staying up - I don't think any other manager could do this with the player's and resources we have - All I ask is to give Micky, and particularly Scowy support. getting on his back doesn't help.

If people were supporting Scowy as opposed to slagging him off at every opportunity, he may have more confidence to perform to his ability.

I dont and will not respect him for picking that useless lump. I will though respect him for everything else he's done for the club. Some things just aint acceptable. You been hanging round the OS too much you have.

Petrescu said:
I dont and will not respect him for picking that useless lump. I will though respect him for everything else he's done for the club. Some things just aint acceptable. You been hanging round the OS too much you have.

Get some Pro-Zac, because you need it - Why are you such a mardy arse? Can't you be happy about anything remotely relating to the first team?

We, as fans, have our opinions - Personally I doin't think Scowy should be in the team. However, Micky thinks that Scowcroft provides what he's looking for his in the way we play.

Let's not forget - We play direct football - Scowcroft is going to benefit from the way we play. Ok, he may not have an massive effect on the game, but he does provide a threat from high balls and crosses - Its natural the way we play. If we play Bent on the right, than Micky's idea is that by having someone like Scowy on the left or right (depening on the respective player's positions) then this will provide a more dangerous edge to our game.

Let's be realistic - We don't play nice pretty short passing football - We're all about direct, long ball football which utlises the best from what we've got.

I can understand why Micky thinks this way, but I don't agree with it - Doesn't mean I tell him to f*** off if he does soemthing I don't approve of. I respect what he does, not slag him off after all he has done for this club.

Micky Adams is a legend.

With all respect ''trying his best'' doesn't make him worth his place,I've nothing against him personally but Scowcroft just isn't good enough and all the ''playing out of position etc. etc.''won't make me change my opinion but it is only my opinion and I might well be wrong!

highland fox said:
With all respect ''trying his best'' doesn't make him worth his place,I've nothing against him personally but Scowcroft just isn't good enough and all the ''playing out of position etc. etc.''won't make me change my opinion but it is only my opinion and I might well be wrong!

At least you're not slagging him off and getting on his back - He may not be good enough, but while he plays in the team we have to support him.

Yes, I know Micky Adams is a legend. Doesnt mean i am going to agree with every thing he does, especially when Scowcrofts involved.

I support him during the 90 minutes, after the game when he's played shit, i say what i think on it. We all have our views on the game, i can have my views on a certain players performance.

And if Scowcroft scores the goal that keeps us in the Premier I'll be the biggest hypocrite ever when I'm cheering him but will I give a toss.......

Petrescu said:
Yes, I know Micky Adams is a legend. Doesnt mean i am going to agree with every thing he does, especially when Scowcrofts involved.

I support him during the 90 minutes, after the game when he's played shit, i say what i think on it. We all have our views on the game, i can have my views on a certain players performance.

I'm not saying you can't have your views.

But it seems to me because you hate him so much, you will do anything to have a got at him, which is perfectly naturally. At the end of the day, we all have opinions, but it is the way you convey them - If you weren't so negative and abusive in what you say, you might have earned a bit more respect on this forum.

I am not abusive! Until you are up his arse, its not even abuse Scowcrofts Number 1 Fan. I may come across very negative because i want us putting out the most positive team. Scowcroft is not a positive player whatever you point out he did well today. I saw nothing except one header in the first half and a few passes. You cant be in the team when you're hardly ever involved. Its a waste of a player. I hope his contracts out in the summer. No doubt Micky will offer him a new deal though.

Petrescu said:
I am not abusive! Until you are up his arse, its not even abuse Scowcrofts Number 1 Fan. I may come across very negative because i want us putting out the most positive team. Scowcroft is not a positive player whatever you point out he did well today. I saw nothing except one header in the first half and a few passes. You cant be in the team when you're hardly ever involved. Its a waste of a player. I hope his contracts out in the summer. No doubt Micky will offer him a new deal though.

You are abusive - You tell Micky Adams to f*** off if he doesn't pick the team you want, you slag of Scowy if he plays because you hate him.

I can't imagine someone like you getting behind the team or certain players - You probably booed Nalis that time when he was having a tough time against Chelsea, you probably slagged off Canero in the Everton game - That would not be surprising at all. You must be the most negative Leicester fan I have come across - I bet other people who spend time with you probably sectioned with depression because you're so negative.

I dont boo any player.
Canero obviously needs time to adjust to the premiership and i'm sure he'll do so.
Nalis needed time too but he hasnt done too well this season, which is understandable with deaths in his family and the events in La Manga but he's doing ok now.
My Negative points = Realistic

Petrescu said:
I dont boo any player.
Canero obviously needs time to adjust to the premiership and i'm sure he'll do so.
Nalis needed time too but he hasnt done too well this season, which is understandable with deaths in his family and the events in La Manga but he's doing ok now.
My Negative points = Realistic

Your negative comments = Not helpful and defeatist.

You think we're already down - Just the type of fans we need. :roll:

We still have a GOOD chance of staying up - But if we do go down, you would probably find joy in gloating that you told us it was going to happen.

I DO NOT THINK WE'RE ALREADY DOWN!!!!!!

We are having chances to win games and are not taking them. Its looking unlikely that we are going to win games to stay up now. We need to win a home game somehow. I am not optimistic because of lack of wins and goals at home.

Petrescu said:
I DO NOT THINK WE'RE ALREADY DOWN!!!!!!

We are having chances to win games and are not taking them. Its looking unlikely that we are going to win games to stay up now. We need to win a home game somehow. I am not optimistic because of lack of wins and goals at home.

Yes you do - You have said this in many posts in this past. Probably not a good indicator, but with the relegation predicter thread you have us down to get relegated.

You keep bringing this issue of home wins, or lack of - That goes out the window for the rest of the season. We have 3 home games left, and we have a realstic chance of winning them all - Past form indicates otherwise, but we're at the stage of the season where anything can happen - Everything that has gone on before won't make any difference when we play Fulham this Saturday.

So get behind the team, and stop picking up on the negative points.

Negative points cost us games so things have to be said as much as you dont like them. They cant go unnoticed. I tried to do the relegation predicter honestly for other teams and slightly biased towards us! I gave us 37 points! Thats 9 more points, 2 wins and 3 draws from 5 games. Arsenal and Man utd losses. That is NOT being negative.

Petrescu said:
Negative points cost us games so things have to be said as much as you dont like them. They cant go unnoticed. I tried to do the relegation predicter honestly for other teams and slightly biased towards us! I gave us 37 points! Thats 9 more points, 2 wins and 3 draws from 5 games. Arsenal and Man utd losses. That is NOT being negative.

No, that's why we are predicted to get relegated then? :roll:

You have said on many occasions that we're down already - I can't remember anytime where you have said that we have a chance of staying up - Quite the opposite in fact. You have only said now that we have a chance, just to look like you're trying to be positive.

I said we had a chance after Arsenal, Birmingham, Leeds, Portsmouth, Man City, from what i can remember. I'm sure theres other times, you havent read every single post of mine.

I'll save you from saying it, lucky you.

Petrescu said:
I said we had a chance after Arsenal, Birmingham, Leeds, Portsmouth, Man City, from what i can remember. I'm sure theres other times, you havent read every single post of mine.

I'll save you from saying it, lucky you.

Did you? Funny I didn't pick up on it?

It wouldn't be surprising after we won a game - Fickle that you are.

After the Birmingham game? Don't remember you saying we would stay up? We were extremely lucky that we won according to you - And no mention of us being able to stay up........

Negative, defeatist and depressive - Sums you up quite nicely.

I didnt say we'd stay up after Birmingham.
I said its given us more of a chance, and i was more optimistic, after recent events.

Petrescu said:
I didnt say we'd stay up after Birmingham.
I said its given us more of a chance, and i was more optimistic, after recent events.

Really? Can't remember that - Possibly a few porkies creeping in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757