Season Tickets 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Mercury

Milan Mandaric today made a money-back pledge to Leicester City fans wavering over buying season tickets for the 2009-10 campaign.
The City chairman told supporters: "Put your £50 deposit down – if we don't get promoted, I'll give you your money back."

Mandaric, who is entering his third year in charge, also said he would re-think the early season-ticket deadline which has proved unpopular with many fans.
The club announced earlier this year that, if season-ticket holders did not renew by March 15, they could lose their seats.
Many fans have complained to the club and written to the Leicester Mercury.
They have claimed this was a poor way to reward them for their loyalty.
Some said that was especially the case during a recession.

Mandaric said: "If there is anyone out there not renewing because they're not sure where we will be next season, I say this: 'Put your £50 deposit down, reserve your seat – and if we're not in the Championship next season, you can have your money back'."
Mandaric was speaking during a lengthy interview with the Mercury which will be published in full tomorrow.
He pointed out that it was important the club knew what level of support they could count on for next season
But, taking in the concerns of many long-term season-ticket holders, he also admitted that, for many fans unsure of their jobs in the current economic climate, it may be a big ask.
Mandaric said: "I will look into this. I will go back and look at this again and see if we can do something.
"I didn't think we needed to extend that deadline. I know, at some clubs, they are asking fans to renew now, in February. Clubs need to plan, too. We're no different.
"Next season will be very important. But I will look at it again. I can't say more than that."
Gary Silke, editor of The Fox fanzine, gave the move a cautious thumbs-up.
"It was a very, very unpopular move," he said. "The deadline seemed unreasonably early and it left many season-ticket holders – myself included – feeling a bit disgruntled. I wouldn't have renewed.
"Also, I didn't like the whole way it was sold to us, the spin that it was a so-called price freeze.
"It didn't seem like a price freeze to me. It seemed like a kick in the teeth."
Silke added: "I hope the deadline is extended and season-ticket holders are given a genuine discount."

Whilst I completely agree with those who are unhappy with the Club's stance on renewals this year, it's worth noting that it's probably not a choice.

They are completely and utterly skint and must be losing something in the order of £200,000 a week. It's likely that the club will be paying their bills with credit. Interest payments on our debts alone must be swallowing up just about everything we generate week to week.

Getting some cash in now could easily be a necessity if the banks are getting twitchy about the clubs ability to service their debt. I expect that in the current climate, sponsors are very hard to find too (as seen with the shirt charade).

Mad Mandy talks big but spends comparatively little of his own money. I accept the point that without him we'd go straight into administration but it's only on the banks goodwill and his underlying wealth that stops them pulling the plug right away. It is also through his poor management that the club has the level of debt it currently does. If Mandy doesn't want to put more money in, and the banks want some sign of income, then getting the season ticket money in now might be the only possible solution.

A worse case scenario could be that we're so financially skint that we need the season ticket cash to get through this season without administration and losing 10 points. If we got promoted by more than that amount of points, it would not be beyond imagination to see Mandy put us into admin and then try to reclaim the club much like Ken Bates did with Leeds.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks the club are doing this simply because they're greedy or stupid is being rather naive.

I assume that the above is based on fact rather than opinion then. Perhaps I am being thick but how do you know this for sure?

I take it you have no direct evidence of the waffle you posted above then. :)

Re: Club announces link with Loughborough Uni

At the Foxes Trust AGM, it became apparent

a) If several ST holders (like families) renewed under one direct debit, only a single £4 per month fee would be charged, not £4 per person

b) The DD scheme can be paid - £50 deposit, full balance April = single £4 fee, £50 deposit, payments April & May to clear full amount = 2 monthly £4 fees - these are both cheaper options than paying the entire amount after the March 15th deadline (ie + 10% or later + 15%) and you retain your seat.

The new story on the official website today does state this, but doesn't mention using the 1 or 2 month DD option is better than potentially losing your seat or paying an additional 10%/15%

c) the club does plan to e-mail ST holders again, but is waiting until the last possible moment (about a week prior to the deadline) before writing to non e-mail members who haven't yet renewed, to minimise postage/printing costs.

FT members gave a clear message back to Lee Hoos at the AGM that the 15th March deadline or lose your seat was unacceptable & causing major upset among fans, LH took this feedback for further LCFC discussions

A Fans Consultative Committee meeting Thursday night will also discuss this topic, hopefully all fans present will speak up about the level of anger about the cut off date

Last edited by a moderator:
It has come to our attention that if existing ST's (perhaps of many years standing and lets say been in the same seat since the Walkers opened) will lose their seat if they don't renew by March 15th

beware the ides of March...

FT members gave a clear message back to Lee Hoos at the AGM that the 15th March deadline or lose your seat was unacceptable

unacceptable...are the FT going to use their power of veto over Mandaric?

At the Foxes Trust AGM, it became apparent

a) If several ST holders (like families) renewed under one direct debit, only a single £4 per month fee would be charged, not £4 per person

b) The DD scheme can be paid - £50 deposit, full balance April = single £4 fee, £50 deposit, payments April & May to clear full amount = 2 monthly £4 fees - these are both cheaper options than paying the entire amount after the March 15th deadline (ie + 10% or later + 15%) and you retain your seat.

The new story on the official website today does state this, but doesn't mention using the 1 or 2 month DD option is better than potentially losing your seat or paying an additional 10%/15%

c) the club does plan to e-mail ST holders again, but is waiting until the last possible moment (about a week prior to the deadline) before writing to non e-mail members who haven't yet renewed, to minimise postage/printing costs.

FT members gave a clear message back to Lee Hoos at the AGM that the 15th March deadline or lose your seat was unacceptable & causing major upset among fans, LH took this feedback for further LCFC discussions

A Fans Consultative Committee meeting Thursday night will also discuss this topic, hopefully all fans present will speak up about the level of anger about the cut off date
Thanks FT.

What is the position if a person/family/household currently has a bad credit rating?

Due to circumstances beyond my control (mildly), I have a "non perfect" rating. I was laid off two years ago and was able to suspend my payments (mortgage, CC, loan) etc for three months until I was working again.

This was great, however, it's left me unable to get credit again for a while.

Will I be exempt from this wonderful offer of only £4 per month fee?

Thanks FT.

What is the position if a person/family/household currently has a bad credit rating?

Due to circumstances beyond my control (mildly), I have a "non perfect" rating. I was laid off two years ago and was able to suspend my payments (mortgage, CC, loan) etc for three months until I was working again.

This was great, however, it's left me unable to get credit again for a while.

Will I be exempt from this wonderful offer of only £4 per month fee?

I have a less than perfect rating and had no problems last season, not sure about the current climate but it shouldn't be a problem.

I have a less than perfect rating and had no problems last season, not sure about the current climate but it shouldn't be a problem.
I have been given an explanation by pm explaining that it isn't a loan (hence no interest) and isn't subject to a credit check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669