Season Tickets 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the ST's different colours?

I think the actual ticket is the same colour, but marked with appropriate concession.

The match vouchers though have a thick (½ inch?) coloured line along the 'open' edge with the type of concession clearly displayed. They are quite distinctive.

I don't think that's the case, unless it's changed recently. I think the ST's used to say the tickets had to be torn off in the presence of the turnstile operator, but that doesn't mean they have to do it.

You are supposed to show the actual ticket as well. I have never been asked to do so.

Is that direct cash saving from what you paid last year.

Of course it is. I will be saving £100 over what I paid last year but then Newts takes more of his kids along than I do!

Steve

Thank you for your e mail.

The 15th March deadline date is correct and seats have to be secured by that date.

You may not be aware that following requests from our fans the introduction of a payment plan using a direct debit scheme is available for 2009/10 season ticket payments. A deposit is required and the number of months that are taken to pay the season ticket ( to a max of 12) is your choice.

It is certainly proving popular.

There has been no deliberate intention to upset our fans with the deadline date but I am sure that you will understand the financial pressure on the football club at the present time.

The financial pressure on our supporters is clearly understood and hopefully the payment plan will be of benefit.

Best wishes and I hope that y0u continue to enjoy the remainder of our promotion challenging season.

Peter Jones

Peter Jones said:
There has been no deliberate intention to upset our fans with the deadline date but I am sure that you will understand the financial pressure on the football club at the present time.
Wanker.

Jones, LCFC and Mandaric - go dick yourselves. I am not renewing.

Wanker.

Jones, LCFC and Mandaric - go dick yourselves. I am not renewing.

Whilst I completely agree with those who are unhappy with the Club's stance on renewals this year, it's worth noting that it's probably not a choice.

They are completely and utterly skint and must be losing something in the order of £200,000 a week. It's likely that the club will be paying their bills with credit. Interest payments on our debts alone must be swallowing up just about everything we generate week to week.

Getting some cash in now could easily be a necessity if the banks are getting twitchy about the clubs ability to service their debt. I expect that in the current climate, sponsors are very hard to find too (as seen with the shirt charade).

Mad Mandy talks big but spends comparatively little of his own money. I accept the point that without him we'd go straight into administration but it's only on the banks goodwill and his underlying wealth that stops them pulling the plug right away. It is also through his poor management that the club has the level of debt it currently does. If Mandy doesn't want to put more money in, and the banks want some sign of income, then getting the season ticket money in now might be the only possible solution.

A worse case scenario could be that we're so financially skint that we need the season ticket cash to get through this season without administration and losing 10 points. If we got promoted by more than that amount of points, it would not be beyond imagination to see Mandy put us into admin and then try to reclaim the club much like Ken Bates did with Leeds.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks the club are doing this simply because they're greedy or stupid is being rather naive.

I have no issue with them putting a deadline on the price freeze, most firms when they have special offers, have a deadline.

My gripe is that the seats are not being held after that date. I cannot see where this impacts financially to reserve existing members, seat until (say) Easter. In fact I would say that by alienating fans in this way, it will have exactly the opposite effect. Mrs SJN has already made it quite clear that she won't be renewing this year, and if my seat (that I've had since the stadium opened) is no longer available when I can afford to renew mine, then I won't be renewing either.

The club are saying on the one hand that they want to reward the fans for their loyalty and on the other taking their long held seats away from them before this season is even over. It merely proves that this is just empty rhetoric when in reality, they don't give a toss.

this was the reply i got....

Thank you for your email.

Your comments have been noted and forwarded to senior management.

The consultation with our fans has highlighted the need for a payment plan hence the direct debit scheme is proving popular and the way that alot of fans are securing their seats by the 15th March deadline.

My colleagues in the ticket office will help with any enquiries.

Best wishes and I hope that you enjoy the remainder of the season.

Regards

Peter Jones
Supporter Relations Manager
0116 229 4527

I have no issue with them putting a deadline on the price freeze, most firms when they have special offers, have a deadline.

My gripe is that the seats are not being held after that date. I cannot see where this impacts financially to reserve existing members, seat until (say) Easter. In fact I would say that by alienating fans in this way, it will have exactly the opposite effect. Mrs SJN has already made it quite clear that she won't be renewing this year, and if my seat (that I've had since the stadium opened) is no longer available when I can afford to renew mine, then I won't be renewing either.

The club are saying on the one hand that they want to reward the fans for their loyalty and on the other taking their long held seats away from them before this season is even over. It merely proves that this is just empty rhetoric when in reality, they don't give a toss.

I agree with you. However, most fans will renew before mid march because of that rule. This means they will get the money in when they need it in. If your seat was held back until the summer, many more fans wouldn't renew until then. People who through principle won't renew now are in a small minority and most of them will renew before next season anyway, even if it means sitting somewhere else.

The horrible customer service of it all clearly pales into insignificance against the consequences of not getting some cash flow in very quickly. A much more serious issue is the requirement to pay out for new tickets with a risk that there won't be a football club to see next season. My underlying point is that the finances at the club must be in a serious mess for them to need to do this.

Portsmouth are currently in financial meltdown thanks, in no small part, to the business model of our owner. With the investigation resulting in the rearrest of Brady and Storrie recently, our owners investigated role in that mess may still result in serious consequences for him and, by default, LCFC too.

This was the reply I got.

Dear Mr Fox.

Thank you for your comments.

I like to think that we're not all a bunch of c**ts as you so descriptively describe us, but I do understand your frustration.

Your use of the word so many times in your correspondence leaves me to believe that you are a passionate person, but I cannot simply carry out your request off stabbing all the staff in the eyes with knifes. It is wrong.

One final note; Yes, I do masturbate, Mr Fox. But I prefer you to use my proper name when addressing me.

Your sincerely,

Clive Hunt.

:081:

Does anyone who is not renewing before the 15th of March and hoping that their seats wont be taken , want to give me their seat number so i can piss on their chips and nick their seat.

look you are just taking it too far now milan, you really are.....

Whilst I completely agree with those who are unhappy with the Club's stance on renewals this year, it's worth noting that it's probably not a choice.

They are completely and utterly skint and must be losing something in the order of £200,000 a week. It's likely that the club will be paying their bills with credit. Interest payments on our debts alone must be swallowing up just about everything we generate week to week.

Getting some cash in now could easily be a necessity if the banks are getting twitchy about the clubs ability to service their debt. I expect that in the current climate, sponsors are very hard to find too (as seen with the shirt charade).

Mad Mandy talks big but spends comparatively little of his own money. I accept the point that without him we'd go straight into administration but it's only on the banks goodwill and his underlying wealth that stops them pulling the plug right away. It is also through his poor management that the club has the level of debt it currently does. If Mandy doesn't want to put more money in, and the banks want some sign of income, then getting the season ticket money in now might be the only possible solution.

A worse case scenario could be that we're so financially skint that we need the season ticket cash to get through this season without administration and losing 10 points. If we got promoted by more than that amount of points, it would not be beyond imagination to see Mandy put us into admin and then try to reclaim the club much like Ken Bates did with Leeds.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks the club are doing this simply because they're greedy or stupid is being rather naive.

I assume that the above is based on fact rather than opinion then. Perhaps I am being thick but how do you know this for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669