Shane Long & Lee Bowyer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

On 'football rumours' today, which I know is about as reliable as Adi Akinbye & Elvis Hammond combined on an off-day in front of goal, these two guys have been linked with us. Here's the info in summary:
1. Shane Long (from Reading) on a seasons long loan (what position is he?)
2. Lee Bowyer - has been spotted 3 times arriving at Walkers club car park. If this is true I am very worried about this as he has been such a bad apple for such a long time that I don't think he is worth the gamble. However, he could turn out to be the best midfielder in the Championship if he comes here! And more consistent than Hendrie who lacks spine and staying power.
I know people will have seen rumours about Bowyer before but they have gone cold lately I think (until today). I've never seen one about this Long fellow (whoever he is).

On 'football rumours' today, which I know is about as reliable as Adi Akinbye & Elvis Hammond combined on an off-day in front of goal, these two guys have been linked with us. Here's the info in summary:
1. Shane Long (from Reading) on a seasons long loan (what position is he?)
2. Lee Bowyer - has been spotted 3 times arriving at Walkers club car park. If this is true I am very worried about this as he has been such a bad apple for such a long time that I don't think he is worth the gamble. However, he could turn out to be the best midfielder in the Championship if he comes here! And more consistent than Hendrie who lacks spine and staying power.
I know people will have seen rumours about Bowyer before but they have gone cold lately I think (until today). I've never seen one about this Long fellow (whoever he is).

Probably looking for some asians to kick in.

I've done a quick search and Shane Long is a foward apparently. A squad player with not a bad strike record. 4 goals 12 or 13 starts.

im not keen on bowyer he is in the same mould as hendrie imo...think id prefer hendrie out of the 2

Bowyer is a horrible man. He's a thug that doesn't have the ability to use his brain.

He brought the names of Leeds and Newcastle into disrepute by his on field and off field antics. Possibly WHam as well, but I can't think of an example.

I would hate to see him at this club bringing it's already bad name down even further.

One player I would sacrifice success for not to have him here. Scum

I wouldn't mind Bowyer. he's obviously a decent player, would easily shine in the championship if his ego could handle the step down. Easily one of the best midfielders in the division if he comes.

Bowyer is a horrible man. He's a thug that doesn't have the ability to use his brain.

He brought the names of Leeds and Newcastle into disrepute by his on field and off field antics. Possibly WHam as well, but I can't think of an example.

I would hate to see him at this club bringing it's already bad name down even further.

One player I would sacrifice success for not to have him here. Scum

Im inclined to agree with you Melton

Good player on his day but brings bad publicity and a lot of baggage with him.

Koumas is quality - but he's off to the prem I think. To the poster who could not remember what scrapes Bowyer got into at West Ham, he went into a Burger King and smashed it up. Yes he was a thug, is still a thug and as for the infamous court case and racism tag that has stuck... I'd stay well clear. (wWe're part of 'kick racism out of soccer' aren't we?!) If he played at this level though, I could see him being a success though. He does have fire and backbone whereas I see Hendrie as a fancy dan who gets bored quickly and goes off his game. Rumour has that after setting Stoke alight to begin with he had a poor end to the season. Even so, I see Bowyer as too much of a risk, let alone as damaged goods.

Im inclined to agree with you Melton

Good player on his day but brings bad publicity and a lot of baggage with him.

The man's a complete bastard and has no place being anywhere near the City of Leicester, for obvious reasons

Koumas is quality - but he's off to the prem I think. To the poster who could not remember what scrapes Bowyer got into at West Ham, he went into a Burger King and smashed it up. Yes he was a thug, is still a thug and as for the infamous court case and racism tag that has stuck... I'd stay well clear. (wWe're part of 'kick racism out of soccer' aren't we?!) If he played at this level though, I could see him being a success though. He does have fire and backbone whereas I see Hendrie as a fancy dan who gets bored quickly and goes off his game. Rumour has that after setting Stoke alight to begin with he had a poor end to the season. Even so, I see Bowyer as too much of a risk, let alone as damaged goods.

he really is a grade a ****...bowyer not melton :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670