Shane Long & Lee Bowyer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear some people on here are never happy!

Bowyer may have a bad past, but hopefully he Allen can resurrect his career. Afterall he used to be quality and was one of Leeds key players in the champion league and their recent glory days.

I cant be doing with all of the PC stuff going on around this. I for one would be well chuffed if we signed him!

How many people would be p!ssed off if we signed Woodgate (who was involved in same incident at leeds) I'm sure it wouldn't be many!

I swear some people on here are never happy!

Bowyer may have a bad past, but hopefully he Allen can resurrect his career. Afterall he used to be quality and was one of Leeds key players in the champion league and their recent glory days.

I cant be doing with all of the PC stuff going on around this. I for one would be well chuffed if we signed him!

How many people would be p!ssed off if we signed Woodgate (who was involved in same incident at leeds) I'm sure it wouldn't be many!

As mentioned previously it's not just about THAT case, he's constantly been a prick throughout his career. Unlike Woodgate who has shown that he has matured into professional footballer, Bowyer still acts like a spoilt child.

I wouldn't mind it if he was a superstar player with the same issues, but it's Lee Bowyer who is no more than a half decent player

What a polite poster, I like Consty :icon_bigg

Very nice of you, thanks! Your posts are very sound, if I may say so.

As they say, good manners never cost anyone anything and if you're wrong - never be too big to hold your hands up and apologise.

This Lee Bowyer discussion has really taken off! I've come onto these boards as I hate the way the message board on the official site has been re-vamped. I used to be fairly regular there, but its not very good at all now. Glad I've come here, much better! BTW, noone has commented on the Shane Long rumour at all. Ok, not much to say as no-one has ever heard of him(!!) but I wondered what people might think of going in for a young centre forward (which is what he is) on the fringes and at the beginning of his career (a bit like Stapleton perhaps).

Welcome :038:

I think Shane Long is a decent player and would welcome him here with open arms. Unfortunately I think he will become a good prem player in time and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole (unless a loan deal as mentioned).

Bowyer should be brilliant in the Championship - but will he respond positively if we give him yet another chance and finally grow up? I doubt it.

Don't know much about the Reading reserve, but someone must have scouted him and believe he has potential (McKay) if it is more than a rumour.

Kiren Dyer should have kicked bowyers teeth in, in front of 50k plus at st james park, that would have been great!

bowyer is a wanker and no where near this city, i dont want to see any more asians get attacked by this wanker

why specifically asians

Bowyer should be brilliant in the Championship - but will he respond positively if we give him yet another chance and finally grow up? I doubt it.

Don't know much about the Reading reserve, but someone must have scouted him and believe he has potential (McKay) if it is more than a rumour.

I believe he went to Reading from Cork as part of the Doyle deal.

Kiren Dyer should have kicked bowyers teeth in, in front of 50k plus at st james park, that would have been great!

bowyer is a wanker and no where near this city, i dont want to see any more asians get attacked by this wanker

I'm sorry to repeat myself here, but he's been to several clubs since and it was however many years ago, and he hasn't been involved (to my humble knowledge) in one racist incident since.

If you think the fallout from that incident was a bed of roses for him, think again. And so it shouldn't have been either, as he was a dick. But to keep on rattling on about Bowyer probably kicking asians in is both ludicrous and I'd imagine said to please the pc crowd and not based on any shred of evidence whatsoever.

When I said he deserves another chance earlier, I meant on the racism side of things, and as far as I can see, he learnt his lesson. On the rest of his attitude, it appears he's a tad highly strung and has a bit of the little man syndrome about him.

David Speedie anyone?

I'm sorry to repeat myself here, but he's been to several clubs since and it was however many years ago, and he hasn't been involved (to my humble knowledge) in one racist incident since.

If you think the fallout from that incident was a bed of roses for him, think again. And so it shouldn't have been either, as he was a dick. But to keep on rattling on about Bowyer probably kicking asians in is both ludicrous and I'd imagine said to please the pc crowd and not based on any shred of evidence whatsoever.

When I said he deserves another chance earlier, I meant on the racism side of things, and as far as I can see, he learnt his lesson. On the rest of his attitude, it appears he's a tad highly strung and has a bit of the little man syndrome about him.

David Speedie anyone?

Why does he deserve another chance?

People who do things like he does (and never admit it) do not change - it is in his blood and no doubt his family share the same views as him.

If we were to give people like him a second chance or in his case god knows how many chances the world would be full of more sh** than it is currently.

Let's give a second chance to Myra Hindley, they gave big ron a second chance, look what he said.

Hostorically we should have given Adolf Hitler a second chance, after all he only killed 9,000,000 people

Why does he deserve another chance?

People who do things like he does (and never admit it) do not change - it is in his blood and no doubt his family share the same views as him.

If we were to give people like him a second chance or in his case god knows how many chances the world would be full of more sh** than it is currently.

Let's give a second chance to Myra Hindley, they gave big ron a second chance, look what he said.

Hostorically we should have given Adolf Hitler a second chance, after all he only killed 9,000,000 people

At the point in which you compare Lee Bowyer to Adolf Hitler and Myra Hindley, I bow out of this healthy debate. Killing 6 million Jews and the habitual slaughter of innocent children, burying them, and then taking years to close the open wounds of families that remain hurt until their loved ones' bodies are located is obviously a lot closer to Lee Bowyer's crimes than I'd imagined, and for this I can only apologise.

I donate my V cash to the Kick Lee Bowyer out of Football Campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566