Speculation Shane Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
It strikes me that every season a team, with money to flash, is connected, by agents, with every possible move as a way of advertising/boosting the desired price of their client. This year it's you. If you pay 7m for Long then I would seriously question the business accumen of Sven and the board.

It strikes me that every season a team, with money to flash, is connected, by agents, with every possible move as a way of advertising/boosting the desired price of their client. This year it's you. If you pay 7m for Long then I would seriously question the business accumen of Sven and the board.

The problem is, we are in an inflated market. Not only is it known that we have money to burn, teams are trying to get young players in now because of the fair play rules coming in, hence the ridiculous fees being paid for Caroll, Henderson and Jones.

The problem is, we are in an inflated market. Not only is it known that we have money to burn, teams are trying to get young players in now because of the fair play rules coming in, hence the ridiculous fees being paid for Caroll, Henderson and Jones.

I don't think we are in an inflated market, I'd say it was suppressed apart from English players for premiership teams shackled by UEFA homegrown quotas

Was Chopra a good buy at £3million to score 11 goals?

If he scores 23 goals for us then 6mill it is.

On the radio on Monday, Sven said "We are working at taking in one or two more players and, if we're going to do that, it's going to be a big name."

Is Shane Long really a big name? It's not even a lengthy one......

On the radio on Monday, Sven said "We are working at taking in one or two more players and, if we're going to do that, it's going to be a big name."

Is Shane Long really a big name? It's not even a lengthy one......

Not lengthy but Long?

God I hate that specky boiled egg Brian McDermott.

He seems to have emerged as something of a media darling.

I find myself quite liking him at times, too.

I reserve my managerial dislike for Hollowhead and Colin.

Iwould suggest a current international striker is a "big name" as opposed to someonelike Matt Derbyshire (no disrespect)

Matt Derbyshire, not only lacks the gloss you might expect of a big signing, but also is decidedly county level.

I think £7m for Long is overpriced. Clubs know we have money to spend and will easily add a million or two to see if we take the bait. I would rather we spent that money on a proven goal scorer with premiership experience.

I think £7m for Long is overpriced. Clubs know we have money to spend and will easily add a million or two to see if we take the bait. I would rather we spent that money on a proven goal scorer with premiership experience.

Any suggestions?

It seems that Keane and Yakubu aren't desperate to join up with us, and I can't see many others joining the queue. Hopefully something will change as we approach the end of the window and they realise we're their best option.

Well I'll be the guy who remains optimistic. Don't care how much he costs, if the promise of goals come with him. Absolutely fits the mold of what we have been signing all summer: mid 20s, championship experience, ambitious and on the upswing of his career. As such if he is a success his value will go up, which can't be said for yak or keane.

If he can score 20+ in that Reading side he should score at will for us.

If you wanted a striker with the ability to score 20 goals in this league Long is, factually, a man capable of it.

Well I'll be the guy who remains optimistic. Don't care how much he costs, if the promise of goals come with him. Absolutely fits the mold of what we have been signing all summer: mid 20s, championship experience, ambitious and on the upswing of his career. As such if he is a success his value will go up, which can't be said for yak or keane.

If he can score 20+ in that Reading side he should score at will for us.

If you wanted a striker with the ability to score 20 goals in this league Long is, factually, a man capable of it.

Couldn't agree more. I honestly believe that if we get Long we will walk this league by a country mile with his goals on top of what we already have. For me he is the final link. £7million will look like small change when he bags 20+ and we go up.

Why do we need a striker with prem experience? we need a striker who will score 20+ in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669