Speculation Shane Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Chopra a good buy at £3million to score 11 goals?
This post is not serious is it. Doesn't warrant a reply.

Unless you insist of course. Hmm, let me see now......

Bought from Newcastle for £500,000
Sold to Sunderland for £5m
Bought back from Sunderland for £3m
Sold to Ipswich for £1.5m

Gross profit.....£3m and 56 goals scored in 126 league appearances.

Since signing back for the £3m he logged 25 goals(26 if you include play-off semi penalties:)) in 61 league appearances.

Not a bad bit of business.

From Twitter:

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

There has been a bid for Shane Long by #LCFC more in the region of £7m + clauses, should find out the outcome of the bid over weekend

Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will!) but a lot of a strikers worth depends on the support around him? Maybe SGE can see Long functioning better within our team structure and the new signings, more so than Maynard. What were Long and Maynards support like last season?

The attraction in Long is his work-rate. Same applies to Jong. Whilst I am not agreeing with the daft transfer fee, you can see why Sven fancies him.

and so does BF - she'll go into cardiac arrest with him and Oakley in the squad :icon_lol:

Perhaps Brizzle may take note that we are looking elsewhere and accept what is a quite reasonable offer for Bill Maynard as we seem to be the only team interested in signing him?

Would rather have Maynard than ShLong but either would be 10x better than Waggy or Howard

Perhaps Brizzle may take note that we are looking elsewhere and accept what is a quite reasonable offer for Bill Maynard as we seem to be the only team interested in signing him?

Would rather have Maynard than ShLong but either would be 10x better than Waggy or Howard
and where would you put Robbie Keane in that equation?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9555622.stm

Reading boss Brian McDermott insists there have been no bids from Leicester for Republic of Ireland striker Shane Long.
Full story: talkSPORT

I know which one I believe.....

“We’ve had contact from Leicester very early in the summer but we’ve had no £7.5million email drop on our doorstep,” said McDermott, speaking to Drive Time.

Probably because it was only £7million!

“We’ve had contact from Leicester very early in the summer but we’ve had no £7.5million email drop on our doorstep,” said McDermott, speaking to Drive Time.

Probably because it was only £7million!

Emails on the doorstep? Someone may not fully understand the tinterwebs

Apparently a 6m bid from West Brom accepted, we bid more but I guess they don't want to sell to a rival

Be interesting to see who we turn to if Maynard also falls through ....

BBC Radio 5 live football reporter Jacqui Oatley on Twitter: "Brian McDermott told me on Saturday he expected a PL club to make a 1st offer for Shane Long, then others to follow suit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669