Sheep want Fryatt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From the BBC. :icon_wink

Derby boss Paul Jewell is planning a January swoop for Leicester striker Matt Fryatt. (Daily Mirror)

Re: All New Football Rumours

If he's as short sighted as that dumb c**t Hume, he'll be gone.

Got a feeling fryatt's contract is up in the summer so no doubt we will take the cash and run.

will he be in the starting XI at derby though? I doubt it.

Got a feeling fryatt's contract is up in the summer so no doubt we will take the cash and run.

I thought it had been extended to 2012?
Nope you were right, it was Gradels that was extended.

Last edited:

I too have that feeling Although he is at that age that if he goes on a Bosman we will be due compensation? Probably won't be as much as the amount of money we MAY be offered in January ?

He's crap anyway so we will be glad to see the back of him...At last DJ might get a chance

He's crap anyway so we will be glad to see the back of him...At last DJ might get a chance

Not forgetting we might see some more of the mighty Sappleton......

I too have that feeling Although he is at that age that if he goes on a Bosman we will be due compensation? Probably won't be as much as the amount of money we MAY be offered in January ?

The value of Matty Fryatt as a Leicester player must be very confused. He clearly failed as a Championship striker, which is where we want to be next season. If that really is our aim, is it worth trying to get him to sign a new contract for future seasons? Or do we now know that he could make it in the Championship.

As far as a transfer fee goes, whether agreed or decided by the tribunal, a large chunk of it would have to be passed straight on to Walsall.

Last edited:

Sell him and get that Lambert champ from Bristol Rovers, he can't stop scoring and also get a Expirence championship player like Stern John

I'd rather let him go for free in the summer than risk fvcking up our promotion bid.

I'd rather let him go for free in the summer than risk fvcking up our promotion bid.

I agree - it is essential to keep him until the summer (although I reserve to change my right on this if circumstances dictate). But even if he were to leave then, it need not be for free; he is a young player and a fee will still be payable.

The value of Matty Fryatt as a Leicester player must be very confused. He clearly failed as a Championship striker, which is where we want to be next season. If that really is our aim, is it worth trying to get him to sign a new contract for future seasons? Or do we now know that he could make it in the Championship.

As far as a transfer fee goes, whether agreed or decided by the tribunal, a large chunk of it would have to be passed straight on to Walsall.

He failed in a team bereft of confidence with zero creativity. MF has to take his fair amount of blame for City's failure in the Championship, but I don't think you can rule him out as a Championship striker. Any striker would have struggled to score in the team that we had, the way that we were playing, with the confidence that we had. Lackso and Bori hardly laid goals on a plate for him!

More crucially, assuming we're well placed come January (let's not count chickens), we would be crazy to sell our top scorer (another assumption, but however much stick MF takes, he's still scoring goals) for not a huge amount of money (League 1 player with 6 months left on his contract) when some of that will go to Walsall anyway. If he is to go, it should be in June when our promotion attempt is over for the good or the bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

If his goals were to suddenly dry up, and he also continues to miss/feck up a minimum of half a dozen chances per game, then everyone will be clamouring for him to feck off by Crimbo

He failed in a team bereft of confidence with zero creativity. MF has to take his fair amount of blame for City's failure in the Championship, but I don't think you can rule him out as a Championship striker. Any striker would have struggled to score in the team that we had, the way that we were playing, with the confidence that we had. Lackso and Bori hardly laid goals on a plate for him!

More crucially, assuming we're well placed come January (let's not count chickens), we would be crazy to sell our top scorer (another assumption, but however much stick MF takes, he's still scoring goals) for not a huge amount of money (League 1 player with 6 months left on his contract) when some of that will go to Walsall anyway. If he is to go, it should be in June when our promotion attempt is over for the good or the bad.

I concede the points you make in your first paragraph. You will have seen that I made similar points to those in your second paragraph in a later post.

I agree - it is essential to keep him until the summer (although I reserve to change my right on this if circumstances dictate). But even if he were to leave then, it need not be for free; he is a young player and a fee will still be payable.

I am confused. If he were to leave in the summer and has not signed a new contract then surely he can walk on a free because he was not part of our youth system. From Jan 1st he can even sign a pre conract with another club and there is eff all we can do about it.

I am confused. If he were to leave in the summer and has not signed a new contract then surely he can walk on a free because he was not part of our youth system. From Jan 1st he can even sign a pre conract with another club and there is eff all we can do about it.

Clubs are able to receive compensation for players aged under 23, who move during the currency or at the end of their contracts.

The relevant issue with Fryatt is that he is 23 in March 2009 and we will therefore not be entitled to any compensation if he were to walk away at the end of his current contract.

If however he were to be under 23, we would still be entitled to compensation even though he did not come through our 'youth system'. This would be partly to recoup the amount paid to Walsall in earlier compensation and partly to reflect his development as a player whilst at Leicester.

im sure he literally saved our asses under kelly

that was him confident in the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675