Sheep want Fryatt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are winning, we are top of our division, we have progressed in the pi$$-pot cup and we seem to be able to scrap for a result.

Last year we could'nt string two wins together. I know its a lower tier, but much of last season was to do with how bad we were rather than how good the opposition were.

No need to change much IMO. Not everyone can play top games everyweek, as long as we still get the results. Fryatt is doing OK, we are all doing OK, why even consider selling? This seems to be something like the 'stability' so many craved last season.

I'm happy for Fryatt to be in the team at the moment as long as he's scoring goals. But when he's not, he doesn't really bring anything else to the party.

What evidence do you have for that? He's our main striker and his other work is hardly likely to be reported on either in the media or by the amateurs here. What other than goals do you really expect from a main striker?

Perhaps you need to consider the amount of time that the ball is in his possession - time during which it can't be used by the other team and time in which are defence can be gaining respite. Perhaps you need to consider his service of, in particular, Lloyd Dyer.

I have some doubts about him performing back at a higher level, but it's not right to say that he is bringing nothing else to the party.

What evidence do you have for that? He's our main striker and his other work is hardly likely to be reported on either in the media or by the amateurs here. What other than goals do you really expect from a main striker?

Perhaps you need to consider the amount of time that the ball is in his possession - time during which it can't be used by the other team and time in which are defence can be gaining respite. Perhaps you need to consider his service of, in particular, Lloyd Dyer.

I have some doubts about him performing back at a higher level, but it's not right to say that he is bringing nothing else to the party.

I think every one of Dyers goals this season has been from a Fryatt pass.

I think every one of Dyers goals this season has been from a Fryatt pass.

I was aware that at least two of them were, but was not certain enough to include a figure in my post.

We are winning, we are top of our division, we have progressed in the pi$$-pot cup and we seem to be able to scrap for a result.

Last year we could'nt string two wins together. I know its a lower tier, but much of last season was to do with how bad we were rather than how good the opposition were.

No need to change much IMO. Not everyone can play top games everyweek, as long as we still get the results. Fryatt is doing OK, we are all doing OK, why even consider selling? This seems to be something like the 'stability' so many craved last season.

I agree with this post, but it makes me laugh that last season was so ridiculous that 2 months is considered 'stability'.

Howard at Orient, King at Cheltenham. :icon_roll

Any record of who gave the ball to Howard and King before they passed it to Fryatt?
:icon_wink

D'ya mean Fryatt or Dyer? Howard and King set up Dyer at Orient and Cheltenham. :icon_roll

But if you go back far enough in the build up, I'm sure that you will find Fryatt touching the ball, or missing the ball completely, or getting caught offside and giving away yet another feckin' free kick which the opposition wasted and we then picked up possession which led to the goal five minutes later

In fact, without Fryatt, we would not have scored a single goal all season

I agree with this post, but it makes me laugh that last season was so ridiculous that 2 months is considered 'stability'.

Damn right 2 months is stable at the moment compared to the last few season.

Looking to sell MF this season is complete madness imo. His workrate is good and he has scored 8 goals in this league. Even if he has a ratio of 1/6 (goals v chances) then as far as i'm concerned that is good enough AT THIS LEVEL, and probably in the Championship.

What extra are we really expecting from the guy? He is a strikjer, he is paid to score goals, he is scoring goals, we are top of the league, END OF.

SH is a good foil for MF and between them they are a sound partnership. No matter who we could afford or want to bring in at the moment there is nothing to suggest a new partnership will gel. IT AIN'T BROKEN SO WHY FIX IT?

Give the guy a break!

Its only 'like' stability. Its just not the madness of last season.

They didn't, they passed it to Dyer... and his cousin

:icon_redf

Any record of who gave the ball to Howard and King before they passed it to Dyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669