Sheep want Fryatt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fryatt will do for me. OK so he misses some chances but we're not going to ever get a striker who bags a goal every chance he gets - even Man U can't get that! He's scored 9 goals this season and, if he carries on at that rate will piss the 20 goal mark, something we as Leicester fans rarely get to enjoy.

If we had stayed up last season, Pearson probably wouldn't have had a look in for the City job. On that basis I would much sooner be where we are now as I don't think I could have handled yet another mediocre season in The Championship. We have a decent young squad which will improve and a manager who knows how to put a team out that will do the job.

Considering we are now a division lower I would say that the future looks far brighter for Leicester than it did this time last year.

Sometimes i feel like throwing my hands up in the air...
Lord knows I can count on you

Penalty on Saturday:icon_roll:icon_roll

Isn't this harrassment? I don't remember Dyer scoring a penalty on Saturday? Although you may be confused by the fact Dyers cross was handled for Fryatt to score the penalty, so almost right, just backwards.

What evidence do you have for that? He's our main striker and his other work is hardly likely to be reported on either in the media or by the amateurs here. What other than goals do you really expect from a main striker?

Perhaps you need to consider the amount of time that the ball is in his possession - time during which it can't be used by the other team and time in which are defence can be gaining respite. Perhaps you need to consider his service of, in particular, Lloyd Dyer.

I have some doubts about him performing back at a higher level, but it's not right to say that he is bringing nothing else to the party.

What I mean by that is, from what I've seen which is admittedly far less than some of you, he doesn't have any power or pace or aerial ability, and while he's got a good footballing brain and has a reasonable range of passing, but he's not even that good at finishing, which was supposed to be his main attribute. And he has been pretty much cack most of the time in the Championship thus far.

The way I look at it, which is quite likely wrong anyway, is you need more strings to your bow the higher you climb, so working hard and being neat and tidy might be enough at a lower level, such as where we are, but doesn't get you far in the Championship or Premiership. Unless you're Steve Claridge and have the sheer force of being a jammy bugger on your side as well.

The amazing thing about Claridge is that it didn't matter what level he played at, he was always "quite good".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669