Sheff Utd 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would definitely have taken a point before the game so very happy! Glad to be back playing 'big games' as well!

On a side note, with hindsight maybe our point against Ipswich wasn't a great result....Keane to leave by October anyone?! :)

Sounded like a good performance once again and pleased we're creating chances.

Sheffield United were clearly buoyed after their cracking strike and came at us but we stood firm and didn't allow them to get a second.

I think Stringer may have over done it a little with the "injuries" to Waghorn and Fryatt. I'd imagine Waghorn was being subbed anyway and Fryatt sounded like he was knackered at full-time anyway.

Overall though, I've been very pleased with the start City have made to their league campaign. We seem to be passing it around really well - with Wellens at the heart of most things. Happy with a draw against Sheffield United as it's a place we haven't done well at for a number of years.

I'm looking for all three points at home to bottom of the table Barnsley on Saturday.

Good work so far, Nigel.

Last edited:
Well, I stated before the game I would be happy with a point, while I am there is always a shred of dissapointment when you lose a lead...saying that if the strike was as spectacular as Stringer was saying then fair do's.

Keep the unbeaten run going lads..!

Any news on 'Yann the man' ?

Well we're matching Sheff U so far this season for points and they're a side who are expecting play-offs at the very least, so as long as we keep up the good work we're doing so far then I fully expect us to have a good season.

Just seen the goals on sky sports 1. Couldn't really tell that fryatt got a meaningful touch on oakley's freekick, but did apparantly. And yes, their goal was pretty spectacular - could maybe have closed him down a bit better though

1. Fryatt was not injured in the match. We only have Stringer's word that he limped off the pitch,

2. We have literally no idea what is wrong with Waghorn and Howard apart from Stringer's unqualified and piss poor analysis - I'll wait to hear what Pearson says first.

3. If they are injured, then I for one won't panic and I'm sure Pearson won't either. He will bring people in if needs be, you only need to look at the Goalkeeper situation from last season to see that.

4. We still have, if the worst comes to the worst, Campbell, Chambers and Dickov - not ideal replacements, but it's not like we're left with nothing up front.
I do hope you're right about Stringer (that he's wrong), because being left with Campbell, Chambers and Dickov up front would in my eyes be a striker crisis.

But then again, Stringer might be wrong and Waghorn and Fryatt will start next match.

Dont know if its been mentioned, but after tonights result, i reckon thats only 4 defeats from Leicesters last 50 league games.
It maybe on the back of the league 1 season, but still a great achievment imo for the club.

Excellent point to go with the one gained at Ipswich, and a solid start to the season.

Well done NP and the team:038:

If all three are out, I'd start with Campbell up front - just as long as he's clear he's there to put himself in the shop window and try to score a couple of goals. Could kill two birds with one stone by getting a few more clubs interested in him and solving our striker problem for a couple of games?

If all three are out, I'd start with Campbell up front - just as long as he's clear he's there to put himself in the shop window and try to score a couple of goals. Could kill two birds with one stone by getting a few more clubs interested in him and solving our striker problem for a couple of games?

More likely to kill of any interest left in him, while we fail to score due to campbell being constantly offside.

Good result - Good start. Very encouraging.

I'm a bit concerned at the number of cautions we are picking up. The last thing we need is any suspensions!

More chance of me getting a call to play than DJ... Pearson won't have anything to do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566