Sheff Utd Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got home from the game.ive had time to reflect on the drive back,and ive come to the conclusion megson cant take all the blame for whats going on at the club.

we are all going in different directions.some people think the players are good enough,some dont.some people like mm, some dont.some people are willing to give gm a chance,some dont.throw all the turmoil thats been going on from day one in, and its a recipe for an ugly season.

i got some bad news today,i knew i had problems with my back,but ive been told i need major surgery to correct the problem.so i was feeling low and thought about giving the game a miss so i could stay home and mope.but i went,hoping a win might cheer me up.well it didnt cheer me up,cos we lost and played awful.

but it has put a few things into perspective for me:icon_conf

just got home from the game.ive had time to reflect on the drive back,and ive come to the conclusion megson cant take all the blame for whats going on at the club.

we are all going in different directions.some people think the players are good enough,some dont.some people like mm, some dont.some people are willing to give gm a chance,some dont.throw all the turmoil thats been going on from day one in, and its a recipe for an ugly season.

i got some bad news today,i knew i had problems with my back,but ive been told i need major surgery to correct the problem.so i was feeling low and thought about giving the game a miss so i could stay home and mope.but i went,hoping a win might cheer me up.well it didnt cheer me up,cos we lost and played awful.

Sorry to hear about the back. Nasty stuff that:icon_conf.

Biff, I'm sad to hear you're suffering but after tonight what perspective do you have exactly for f*cks sake?

I 'm glad me and my son didn't come as if we were we were going to car share with his mate, a Blades fan, and his dad and the trip home would have been unbearable. Still it will be for my lad this morning at school as he was telling all the Blades that we were gonna beat them. Last night about 10ish he was even saying he wasn't going to school today!!!

Still glad I'm not at work this morning so I can sit here at home and mope and hope that Bolton step up their attempts to get Megson before we next play another South Yorkshire team on Saturday. Talking of Barnsley brings back memories of the game at the end of last season and the joy me and my son enjoyed that day at Oakwell and he's still got Matty Fryatt's shin guard that he through into the crowd. Hey Matty you missed a few chances recently do you want it back?

Last edited:
Leicester manager Gary Megson:
"In the first half I think we played OK and we were the better team. "Then we went behind and bore the brunt of the fan's criticism, which tends to happen in those circumstances."

Sorry Meggo, didnt realise it was our fault!!

looks like another srape to the 50 odd point mark season again to me....which doesnt surprise me...clubs in freefall and has been for many a season.

Sorry Meggo, didnt realise it was our fault!!

He has to pin it on someone - just as the Megson apologists will do later today

Fact is that performance was simply unacceptable last night, from whichever way you look at it.

He has taken our club to the point of being possibly the dullest most uninspiring clueless pile of shite that we have ever seen (certainly that we have seen at the Walkers, and that is seriously saying something)

If the "Megson for Bolton" chants hasten his departure then I salute all those who joined in

For the love of God go, and go now

Last edited:
Yes, and no.

What we would have done under a decent manager is put one of the defenders up front and bombarded their penalty area. But when CJ was off getting treatment we played for a few minutes with only Fryatt up front, which is just unforgivable when we're 1-0 down with a few minutes left.

I said exactly that, get Kisnorbo or McAulay (who incidentally was about our most creative player last night, embarassingly) up front with 15 to go.

He has to pin it on someone - just as the Megson apologists will do later today

Fact is that performance was simply unacceptable last night, from whichever way you look at it.

He has taken our club to the point of being possibly the dullest most uninspiring clueless pile of shite that we have ever seen (certainly that we have seen at the Walkers, and that is seriously saying something)

If the "Megson for Bolton" chants hasten his departure then I salute all those who joined in

For the love of God go, and go now

Bang on. I am not going on saturday if Megson is still there. Ive got more interesting things to do like bang my head against a spike for 90 minutes.

Can I also say:

Hey Jude ?

WTF was that all about :102: :102: :102:

what seemed to anger me last night was the fact that a "team" of professional footballers who do this week in, week out couldn't seem to organise themselves after two key players get subbed.

they seem content to play for a 0-0 draw when, I dont know about you guys but I'd rather we had lost 0-2 while pushing men forward, and giving it a go rather than 'containing' the opposition for a draw and playing like a bunch of pansies!
thank **** I didnt go.

Woeful, Shit, Rubbish, Crap, Gutless, Shambolic, Poor, Dreadful ... the list is endless.

The report I received said our set-up and play was like that of a Conference team playing Man United at home and attempting to get a replay. Even when 1-0 down, we didn't go attacking

Bang on. I am not going on saturday if Megson is still there. Ive got more interesting things to do like bang my head against a spike for 90 minutes.

I had been contemplating making the long trip down to the Walkers in the none too distant but until that Ginger Arsehole is as far away from our club as possible (about the 150 or so miles to Bolton) then to be honest I will stick to teletext or sky sports soccer specials.

I have even taken the day off work so I can drive Megson to the Reebok just in case he is unsure as to the exact location of the ground.

Last edited:
And all the above served up by a manager who doesn't even want to be at our club after 5 weeks. At least Allen wanted to be here.

And the cheeky cnut whines about a smear campaign.

Most loathsome man in football.

The report I received said our set-up and play was like that of a Conference team playing Man United at home and attempting to get a replay. Even when 1-0 down, we didn't go attacking

If only it had been that good........

Woeful, Shit, Rubbish, Crap, Gutless, Shambolic, Poor, Dreadful ... the list is endless.

That is the one thing you can say about our lot. Whatever happened to Foxes Never Quit? I wouldn't back this lot to show the gumption to win a game against a team of 1 legged arthritic grannies...

actually, I might start supporting Kettering Town FC, at least they're winning games, or so my old man says.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669