Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both myself and my mate thought it was a penalty, which really upset a guy behind us, he said we were talking bollocks as he got a text from the bench saying they watched it on tv monitors and it was definitely not a penalty.
How quickly do the bench get to see tv replays? as this guy reckoned he got the the text just after the event.

I spoke to RS at half time and he also swears it was a penalty but another mate was not convinced.

After watching the Championship and Sky highlights this morning I will now admit that I got it wrong :icon_redf but like others have said when you see an incident live at a normal speed it can look different to tv replays in all angles.

Fair enough my old Leeds mucca. From the right hand side it didn't look like a pen, and it wasn't!
see you at barnsley?

Sums up why I think we should have an official in a box with a bank of monitors to pass judgement on match-turning decisions like this.

Refs are not up to the job and the impact that mistakes have on the finances and futures of teams is not acceptable.

I think it is the lineos that are not up to the job, not the refs. Both at Watford (when their bloke got sent off) and yesterday, it was clear that the ref was going to give SFA but the lineo told him otherwise. Can anybody remember who actually made the decision at Ipswich? - I wasn't there.

Was never a penalty from my vantage point in row M. He tripped into the box from minimal contact outside - I could see the 18 yard line very clearly from row M.

The fat bald linesman was a disgrace.

He was actually a fat ginger bald bastard but that is so hard to fit to the music.

Last edited:
I think it is the lineos that are not up to the job, not the refs. Both at Watford (when their bloke got sent off) and yesterday, it was clear that the ref was going to give SFA but the lineo told him otherwise. Can anybody remember who actually made the decision at Ipswich? - I wasn't there.
Pretty sure it was the lino. Ref wasn't going to give, lino further away did.

Not bothered in the slightest that we lost this game and I am certain we will stay up and the reason for that is that our comedy genius of a manager took his shoes off to join in the chant if he believes we can relax and dick about then we must be safe and that is good enough for me.

Good Old Ollie :038:

Not bothered in the slightest that we lost this game and I am certain we will stay up and the reason for that is that our comedy genius of a manager took his shoes off to join in the chant if he believes we can relax and dick about then we must be safe and that is good enough for me.

Good Old Ollie :038:

This has really pissed me off. He should go just for this. You're a football manager not a fecking court jester. Stop trying to get on the good side of us 'super fans' and win some football matches.

How can our players have respect for someone who's fecking around in the dug out in the middle of an important game.

........we'll beat Colchester on Sat'day and then he will be the saviour once more.

This has really pissed me off. He should go just for this. You're a football manager not a fecking court jester. Stop trying to get on the good side of us 'super fans' and win some football matches.

How can our players have respect for someone who's fecking around in the dug out in the middle of an important game.

I know we were 3-0 down and the fans had given up, but he shouldn't have. I would have liked to see us score a goal or two as a consolation, but looking over towards the bench instead of movement there showing they give a damn, the cnut has got his trainers off. He really didn't seem too bothered did he?

I know we were 3-0 down and the fans had given up, but he shouldn't have. I would have liked to see us score a goal or two as a consolation, but looking over towards the bench instead of movement there showing they give a damn, the cnut has got his trainers off. He really didn't seem too bothered did he?

Exactly. Game was other - but thats not the point. How many top managers do you see doing that sort of thing? None. That because they are more professional.

I've actually been behind Ollie, and have not called for his head yet. But this one act just makes me think the guys not the man to take us forward and I would like to see him leave in the summer.

........we'll beat Colchester on Sat'day and then he will be the saviour once more.

That, in itself, will not be enough to save us alex - nowhere near

I suspect that we will still have to scrape a few more points than that.

And even if, by some feckin' miracle, we do then he will not be a 'saviour in my eyes' - he will be the useless cnut that he actually is, just a very fortunate one

Regardless of results, the mongies will still be singing his name and waving their shoes merrily - even if the tosser takes us down

In many ways though Homer, the players IH has bought to the club are a million miles better than what MA2 bought in.

In many ways though Homer, the players IH has bought to the club are a million miles better than what MA2 bought in.

The results, and our position in the table, say otherwise

Exactly. Game was other - but thats not the point. How many top managers do you see doing that sort of thing? None. That because they are more professional.

I've actually been behind Ollie, and have not called for his head yet. But this one act just makes me think the guys not the man to take us forward and I would like to see him leave in the summer.

Nail on the head, what message did that send out to the Fans and players, no wonder there is a lack of professionalism at the club. Ollie should have been hurting too much and been to ingrossed in how to turn things around and where to start work on monday morning putting things in place for next saturday to start joining in with the piss taking. IMO how any of the players can respect him now after that is beyond me. Also Ollie can hardly hand out a tongue lashing to the players for such a poor performance and result when he has just been seen to be joining in with the merryment in the stands.

What a fecking clown. MM must be doing his fecking nut this morning.

Maybe Ollie knew something we didn't, was it gallows humour, does he know his number is up :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00