Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a penalty having watched the Championship this morning.

BG your not after a certain title are you ;)

Clear Penalty?!!!! Your the fool! Boy Genius you must be referee with statements like that!

were you there? If not shut the fcuk up. From where we sat it looked a full on penalty. You only open your gob after seeing it on TV from a hundred different angles.

Well. it's getting nearer to twitchy bum time.

Looking at out games left, it's still in the players own hands, but they've got to want it. Something that I am not totally convinced on, which does worry me.
IH, has to do his best individual and team motivation he's ever done else.......

So, an unbeaten run for the next 4 games, with back to back wins would do very nicely. Then let's put this crappest of crap seasons to bed and start next season with renewed optimism for a promotion charge........PLEASE

were you there? If not shut the fcuk up. From where we sat it looked a full on penalty. You only open your gob after seeing it on TV from a hundred different angles.

Looked a clear penalty from the stands, not seen the footage on tv yet, and to be fair, i dont really want to.

Fryatt you were fecking useless yesterday. :icon_evil

Was there yesterdya didn't think it was a pen, just saw it now never a pen, the only vague contact if any was 30 yards out.

I was there and I didn't think it was a pen at the time. Sharp clearly put his arm across Kisnorbo first, so it should have been a free kick to us. Problem is BG, like you say, when you are there and at normal speed its not always easy to see what happened right in front of you, I didn't realise it was outside the box. Do you think its an age thing? :icon_conf

Looked a clear penalty from the stands, not seen the footage on tv yet, and to be fair, i dont really want to.

Fryatt you were fecking useless yesterday. :icon_evil

I was there and I didn't think it was a pen at the time. Sharp clearly put his arm across Kisnorbo first, so it should have been a free kick to us. Problem is BG, like you say, when you are there and at normal speed its not always easy to see what happened right in front of you, I didn't realise it was outside the box. Do you think its an age thing? :icon_conf

I know exactly what you mean, it can look something different from a differing angle. I told it as I seen it. But when we get yokels from the west country giving insulting remarks it annoys me big time.

I was there - I didn't think it was a penalty at time (see what I wrote at half-time in the match thread - and seeing it on the Chmpionship this morning, only confirms my view. The only question in my mind is about what time tomorrow we will hear about the rescinding of the card.

i had an interesting conversation in the pub after the game with a group of Utd fans who have a theory that it is all a conspiracy to keep Wednesday out of the bottom 3. imo its a bit bizarre but to cut a long storey short it all boils down to Keith Hackett (head of referee’s) being a staunch Sheff Wednesday fan.

I don’t know how true it is but apparently the Ref for Yesterdays game was changed at the last minute, so the Utd fans were expecting to get some favours from the new ref, hence no surprise from them at the penalty and sending off decision. they went on to list several occasions where Weds have benefited from dubious decisions.

could just be them being bitter about last seasons relegation.

Both myself and my mate thought it was a penalty, which really upset a guy behind us, he said we were talking bollocks as he got a text from the bench saying they watched it on tv monitors and it was definitely not a penalty.
How quickly do the bench get to see tv replays? as this guy reckoned he got the the text just after the event.

I spoke to RS at half time and he also swears it was a penalty but another mate was not convinced.

After watching the Championship and Sky highlights this morning I will now admit that I got it wrong :icon_redf but like others have said when you see an incident live at a normal speed it can look different to tv replays in all angles.

Exactly, we were all at the same game, but some of you definitely thought it was, whilst some of us didn't.

Strangely, I would've thought those further up the stand would've been able to see clearer whether it was in the box than us right at the front!

After watching the Championship and Sky highlights this morning I will now admit that I got it wrong :icon_redf but like others have said when you see an incident live at a normal speed it can look different to tv replays in all angles.
Sums up why I think we should have an official in a box with a bank of monitors to pass judgement on match-turning decisions like this.

Refs are not up to the job and the impact that mistakes have on the finances and futures of teams is not acceptable.

i had an interesting conversation in the pub after the game with a group of Utd fans who have a theory that it is all a conspiracy to keep Wednesday out of the bottom 3. imo its a bit bizarre but to cut a long storey short it all boils down to Keith Hackett (head of referee’s) being a staunch Sheff Wednesday fan.

I don’t know how true it is but apparently the Ref for Yesterdays game was changed at the last minute, so the Utd fans were expecting to get some favours from the new ref, hence no surprise from them at the penalty and sending off decision. they went on to list several occasions where Weds have benefited from dubious decisions.

could just be them being bitter about last seasons relegation.

I think that the most reliable sources for balanced opinions about Sheffield Wednesday would be Blades fans!!

On a slightly related matter, I have long thought that the hatred amongst fans of local rival clubs is not mirrored bythe clubs themselves and I expect Wednesday to come away with at least a point from this Tuesday's Sheffield derby. I never thought Southampton would go down and forecast that they would beat Bristol City; I don't think Wednesday will go down and see it between us and Barnsley who in spite of their cup run are another rank bad side. I think the critical game is Barnsley v Leicester and I fancy us to at least avoid defeat there.

Strangely, I would've thought those further up the stand would've been able to see clearer whether it was in the box than us right at the front!

Was never a penalty from my vantage point in row M. He tripped into the box from minimal contact outside - I could see the 18 yard line very clearly from row M.

The fat bald linesman was a disgrace.

Was never a penalty from my vantage point in row M. He tripped into the box from minimal contact outside - I could see the 18 yard line very clearly from row M.

The fat bald linesman was a disgrace.

Liked the chants you fat bastard :icon_cool

Liked the chants you fat bastard :icon_cool

The originality of supporters never ceases to amaze - folk poets of the 21st Century.

Who would have thought that our supporters would chant "You fat bastard!" at a fat, bald linesman who had made a contentious decision. Remarkable, I don't know how they think of them.

Really, really funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00