Sheff Wed 2 City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was a poor game, but people's expectations this season are at a level perhaps they shouldn't be, considering we are a promoted team and are currently sitting in a play off place,

Photos:
http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id=677852270&view=everyone#!/album.php?aid=159447&id=677852270http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id...one#!/album.php?aid=159447&id=677852270&ref=m

I cannot comment on the actual match since I was not there.

While I agree with what a lot of people say I don't accept the "we are a promoted team" excuse. A club with Leicester's resources only got relegated because various people made dreadful decisions in 2007. Similarly when clubs like Forest were in League One (as are Leeds today) it comes down to being badly run at some point.
We are in a play-off position. This is right and proper. We are as big a club Stoke, Burnley and Wigan in the Premiership er should have a team to equal theirs. We have finances that promotion rivals like Blackpool and Swasea can only dream of.

This is not me being a moaner since I believe the club has been very well run since Nigel came and I rate many of the current players very highly. I do however think the ineptitude of various managers since Micky Adams has led us to forget that we are the club of Banks, Shilton and Lineker. We are not the kind of club like Scunthorpe or Peterborough for whom being in the Championship is an achievement. Ten years ago we were an established and successful Premier League side. We are in contention for the playoffs. I believe anything less should be seen as unacceptable.

IMO that is also Nigel's attitude. His fury at Gallagher for a poor free kick when we were already 3-0 up against Forest impressed me. I am sure he is not philosophical when we play poor teams and the players do not perform.

I shall continue to support Leicester whatever happens as I did during the "Year Of Four Managers" and I will never boo the team. However, I will not be satisfied until we are an established Premier League team again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard had barely ran onto the pitch when a bloke behind me started to berate him. When Oakley missed the header, he started having a pop at Howard for it; either you were sitting near us, or there's lots of mongs out there.

Actually, I know the answer to that.

He's got a pretty distinctive smell, hasn't he?

I think quite simply it isn't time to panic we lost 1 game vs a team that are scrapping for their lives. I feel as long as we give a more committed performance vs Cardiff we will be ok. Our 3 midfielders just didn't seem to want to be physical with them and Waggy needs balls over the top to chase instead of balls to feet because he is only young and i thought Darren Purse had Waggy in his pocket all game long. On reflection i think 442 would have been a better formation last saturday after Howard Terrised them with his height and strength in the home game.

While I agree with what a lot of people say I don't accept the "we are a promoted team" excuse. A club with Leicester's resources only got relegated because various people made dreadful decisions in 2007. Similarly when clubs like Forest were in League One (as are Leeds today) it comes down to being badly run at some point.
We are in a play-off position. This is right and proper. We are as big a club Stoke, Burnley and Wigan in the Premiership er should have a team to equal theirs. We have finances that promotion rivals like Blackpool and Swasea can only dream of.

This is not me being a moaner since I believe the club has been very well run since Nigel came and I rate many of the current players very highly. I do however think the ineptitude of various managers since Micky Adams has led us to forget that we are the club of Banks, Shilton and Lineker. We are not the kind of club like Scunthorpe or Peterborough for whom being in the Championship is an achievement. Ten years ago we were an established and successful Premier League side. We are in contention for the playoffs. I believe anything less should be seen as unacceptable.

IMO that is also Nigel's attitude. His fury at Gallagher for a poor free kick when we were already 3-0 up against Forest impressed me. I am sure he is not philosophical when we play poor teams and the players do not perform.

I shall continue to support Leicester whatever happens as I did during the "Year Of Four Managers" and I will never boo the team. However, I will not be satisfied until we are an established Premier League team again.

Great post!

Like you, I won't be happy until we are back in the Premiership where, I believe, we belong.

Unfortunately there are 10 other teams that believe the same, and there are only about 5 'also ran' spaces in the Premiership.

Unfortunately there are 10 other teams that believe the same

More like 20 teams.

Even some lower division no hopers believe they should be in the Premier League :icon_roll

On the subject of Leeds, they've released the prices of their season tickets, and they're comparing them to the prices for "the last time they were in the Championship" :icon_lol:

I agree. But I don't think Pearson gets the best out of the players and it has taken him far to long to find his best 11 even if I don't agree with his front line. It should be N'Gessen, Kermit and Waghorn. It goes without saying that will always support Leicester (even if I have just said it!) but I will voicemy opinion at players I think are rubbish.

I agree. But I don't think Pearson gets the best out of the players and it has taken him far to long to find his best 11 even if I don't agree with his front line. It should be N'Gessen, Kermit and Waghorn. It goes without saying that will always support Leicester (even if I have just said it!) but I will voicemy opinion at players I think are rubbish.

5th in the table and NP doesn't get the best out of his players, feck me, when he does we'll be............

4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st.....

when the heck will some supporters ever be happy??:icon_cry:

but I will voicemy opinion at players I think are rubbish.

Yes, the abuse of players has always been useful :icon_roll

5th in the table and NP doesn't get the best out of his players, feck me, when he does we'll be............

4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st.....

when the heck will some supporters ever be happy??:icon_cry:

I can't believe I'm on HTB's side here. Christ on a bike.

Nope, bike:

jesus_bicycle.jpg

Substitute goalkeeper Conrad Logan was a frustrated figure as Leicester City slumped to defeat at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

The 23-year-old from County Donegal was called into the action just after the half-hour mark when first-choice keeper Chris Weale suffered a nose injury following a collision with Wednesday striker Marcus Tudgay

From the Mockery - what collision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670