Post Match Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has made anything up and also and plenty of people including myself have said they are concerned about the lack of goalscoring cover for Nugent. However there's a clear difference between people noting that and "not shoving your tongue up his ass over every single aspect of his management" and constantly focusing on and talking about one negative aspect, yet never seeming to praise the positive aspects of that team when they actually do well.

I'm not saying that there aren't valid criticisms, I'm just saying there are certain users who only seem to want to moan and seem to do disappearing acts whenever we have won 2 or 3 on the bounce, then suddenly their post count goes up tenfold once we've gone 2 or 3 games without a win. That's your perogative, just don't understand how people like that spend all their money on going to football when they seem to get so little enjoyment out of follwing the club, didn't expect it to be taken to heart like that, was just a light-hearted dig. Next time I will use the safety smiley. :icon_wink

Just so we are clear.

I have on many occasions praised the aspects of the team I believe are positive, the fact people only remember and concentrate on the negative aspects is neither surprising nor fair.

As for my posting levels, my circumstances have changed significantly over the last two weeks, I am also on holiday at the moment hence my non appearance in the pre game thread.

I did however nip on to see the general reaction to the game to see how we played and felt i needed to react to my labelling as a certain type of poster, which i felt was unfair and incorrect.

P.s. Im delighted with the current performances on the whole and see a tangible improvement from last season, I do still think we have striker issues, regardless of This will be up there come the end of the season.

Just so we are clear.

I have on many occasions praised the aspects of the team I believe are positive, the fact people only remember and concentrate on the negative aspects is neither surprising nor fair.

As for my posting levels, my circumstances have changed significantly over the last two weeks, I am also on holiday at the moment hence my non appearance in the pre game thread.

I did however nip on to see the general reaction to the game to see how we played and felt i needed to react to my labelling as a certain type of poster, which i felt was unfair and incorrect.

P.s. Im delighted with the current performances on the whole and see a tangible improvement from last season, I do still think we have striker issues, regardless of This will be up there come the end of the season.

If it makes you feel any better, I absolutely love you lako-honey and I'd love to get the ball up front with you and strike it into the hole.
I hope that helps you enjoy your holiday because I know how anxious you've been about my opinion

Just so we are clear.

OK, fair enough Lako. Perhaps it was unfair to label you with that group of posters, but there definitely does exist a select group of posters who do only seem to come on here when we've lost a couple to moan.

Reddich the main culprit.

Brown Nose likes a good moan enall.

Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't. Mainly I agree with their opinions about tits.

Brown Nose likes a good moan enall.

:039:

As I wasn't at the game and didn't listen to the commentary, I've refrained from commenting this week. Very pleasing result though.

Moaning for the sake of it, is quite dull. I hope that I'm not guilty of this.

This forum isn't the largest, so criticising a small band that offer, often well thought out, views isn't the smartest idea in my view. Surely any valid and arguable opinion about football should be welcomed? The recent trend of attacking anyone that criticises anything after a win or two doesn't reflect well.

People who think NP is doing a brilliant job are welcome to their view. I think he's doing well despite his limitations in terms of selection, coaching and tactics. What I do like about him is his approach towards sports science and preparation. The addition of Ken Way to the staff being a typical, very forward thinking, example. As well as this, Steve Walsh is excellent at recruitment.

If they didn't it would fall down.

I'm surprised you find this unusual. Around half the clubs in the championship have supports holding up a stand roof. Some Prem clubs do too, including Spurs and Everton.

I agree, not unusual at all, it's nice to go to a ground with a bit of character for a change. The woman in front of me wouldn't stop moaning about this. Got right on my tits.

As I wasn't at the game and didn't listen to the commentary, I've refrained from commenting this week. Very pleasing result though.

This forum isn't the largest, so criticising a small band that offer, often well thought out, views isn't the smartest idea in my view. Surely any valid and arguable opinion about football should be welcomed? The recent trend of attacking anyone that criticises anything after a win or two doesn't reflect well.

People who think NP is doing a brilliant job are welcome to their view. I think he's doing well despite his limitations in terms of selection, coaching and tactics. What I do like about him is his approach towards sports science and preparation. The addition of Ken Way to the staff being a typical, very forward thinking, example. As well as this, Steve Walsh is excellent at recruitment.

I think this is the problem, at least for me. What evidence do you have for lack of coaching or tactical skill? Against Ipswich, he worked out where their weakness was and employed tactics to exploit it. Just because other teams' weakness aren't as apparent to us, doesn't mean we don't do the same each game. If people have an opinion that is fine, but you present yours as fact without evidence.

Several players were slipping over on the half-way line opposite the dugout, seemed to be a very wet patch over there, other than that I don't think the weather conditions played too much of a part in how the game went.

Does explain the Hull result though. If only football was a summer sport, they would be European champions.

Does explain the Hull result though. If only football was a summer sport, they would be European champions.
They could move to Norway. But then they would have to play a lot of their away games on an artificial surface. At least they would have something to blame. Some decent coffee shops here also. And scandinavian keyboards'

I still don't really understand this perceived goal scoring problem... we've scored in every game except one, have the best goal difference in the league, and only the 2 teams above us have scored more.

What is there not to understand? :102:

Where have Redditch, Lako, gregs and Old Fox gone?

They seem to have been on the down low since the Ipswich game, we need some balance to this forum. All this not moaning and enjoying our performances is doing my nut in.

In many ways, I am more impressed with this result than with the destruction of Ipswich. We are doing very well at the moment and I am enjoying it. Because somebody speaks out, does not mean that they do not support the team! (Incidentally, I would still be delighted were Nigel Pearson to decide to take a post at another club).

To be clear, I'm not moaning about your, at times, gloomy outlook. There are many times I agree with you. I welcome your views, but I think it's fair to call you one of those people who enjoys a bit of a moan. Some people watch sports, in part, to grouse.

good solid performance, the only thing that marred the win for me was the crap coverage of the game on foxesplayer ( struggled to get comentary than continually lost sound ), in fact my mate texted me updates from the match and they were reported on foxesplayer some 3/4 minutes later! coverage was also better when Stringer was on his jollies last week. Not far behind the 2points/game target now

I think that might be more to do with your internet connection as I listened to the gme with no problem.

The recent trend of attacking anyone that criticises anything after a win or two doesn't reflect well.

Which trend is this then? Why hasn't anybody told me about it? There was me thinking I was after reading all the threads, but apparently I've missed loads

I think that might be more to do with your internet connection as I listened to the gme with no problem.

I've given up pointing this out to him over many months. I actually don't think he reads the forum, just posts and runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669