Post Match Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've also conceded more, I bet they're not banging on about some perceived defensive crisis.

Of course not, they are scoring more goals.

It remains to be seen whether Waghorn and Vardy can score regularly, Personally i don't think they have it in them, though i would be very happy to be proved wrong.

I am pleased our midfield are chipping in with goals, and so far its been enough, though over the course of the season i worry the lack of a more regular scoring striker might just make the difference between promotion or not.

I doubt many people would disagree that our striking options could be significantly improved? I would like to see some investment in this area.

It remains to be seen whether Waghorn and Vardy can score regularly, Personally i don't think they have it in them, though i would be very happy to be proved wrong.

I am pleased our midfield are chipping in with goals, and so far its been enough, though over the course of the season i worry the lack of a more regular scoring striker might just make the difference between promotion or not.

I doubt many people would disagree that our striking options could be significantly improved? I would like to see some investment in this area.
We are the third highest scorers in the division and have the best goal difference. The work the forwards are doing is helping the midfield chip in with goals, and the forwards and midfielders are helping the defence. Overall we haven't a bad team at the moment. Most clubs, whether they are doing well or are struggling will usually not let a good forward go in January. Unless someone exceptional becomes availlable I can't see us making a move for a forward in January. You mention you would like some investment in a forward. Can you name any that would likely be availlable in January that would improve the team much? I can't think of any.

We are the third highest scorers in the division and have the best goal difference. The work the forwards are doing is helping the midfield chip in with goals, and the forwards and midfielders are helping the defence. Overall we haven't a bad team at the moment. Most clubs, whether they are doing well or are struggling will usually not let a good forward go in January. Unless someone exceptional becomes availlable I can't see us making a move for a forward in January. You mention you would like some investment in a forward. Can you name any that would likely be availlable in January that would improve the team much? I can't think of any.

I completely understand the problem we would have to bring someone in now, which is why i have previously critised Pearson for allowing this situation to develop. I don't believe we have a bad team, but i do think the championship will continue to be very tight. After Nugent, our striking options are average for this league at best, which is fine, except our ambitions are higher than average.

I don't know who might be available, but the club employs people for that very purpose, so i hope to at least see some atempt to strengthen.

I completely understand the problem we would have to bring someone in now, which is why i have previously critised Pearson for allowing this situation to develop. I don't believe we have a bad team, but i do think the championship will continue to be very tight. After Nugent, our striking options are average for this league at best, which is fine, except our ambitions are higher than average.

I don't know who might be available, but the club employs people for that very purpose, so i hope to at least see some atempt to strengthen.

As do we hope to see an atempt[sic] at better punctuation and grammar.

Out of interest, if ours is average, there must be a good few teams who you consider to have better strike forces. Could you tell me whose these are? I'm not being facetious, I genuinely couldn't tell you many groups of strikers from other clubs in this division and would be intrigued to know who could cope with losing their first choice striker much more easily than we can.

Out of interest, if ours is average, there must be a good few teams who you consider to have better strike forces. Could you tell me whose these are? I'm not being facetious, I genuinely couldn't tell you many groups of strikers from other clubs in this division and would be intrigued to know who could cope with losing their first choice striker much more easily than we can.
We lost Maynard early on. We are top scorers.

Leicesters second highest scoring striker in the league is Vardy with 3.

second highest scoring strikers (league)

Peterborough 4
Ipswich 2
Shef Wed 3
Bristol 5
Barnsley 1
Birmingham 3
Bolton 2
Wolves 3
Leeds 4
Charlton 3
Blackpool 3
Burnley 4
Derby 4
Watford 5
Huddersfield 3
Blackburn 4
Brighton 5
Forest 4
Mallwall 7
Hull 5
Middlesborough 4
Leicester 3
Palace 4
Cardiff 3

(from the football league website, before this evening)

I must admit to being surprised by these figures. As i said i think things will remain tight, and i don't think Vardy or Waghorn can make the difference.
If you look at second highest scorers (any posistion) we look much worse, particularly against clubs in promotion/playoff contention - King has 4 for us

Leicesters second highest scoring striker in the league is Vardy with 3.

second highest scoring strikers (league)

Peterborough 4
Ipswich 2
Shef Wed 3
Bristol 5
Barnsley 1
Birmingham 3
Bolton 2
Wolves 3
Leeds 4
Charlton 3
Blackpool 3
Burnley 4
Derby 4
Watford 5
Huddersfield 3
Blackburn 4
Brighton 5
Forest 4
Mallwall 7
Hull 5
Middlesborough 4
Leicester 3
Palace 4
Cardiff 3

(from the football league website, before this evening)

I must admit to being surprised by these figures. As i said i think things will remain tight, and i don't think Vardy or Waghorn can make the difference.
If you look at second highest scorers (any posistion) we look much worse, particularly against clubs in promotion/playoff contention - King has 4 for us

And can you name any of those second highest without google?

What's that got to do with it?

As I say, I'm not trying to be confrontational or ask questions for the sake of it. But you stated that our striking options after Nugent are "average for this league at best" and I'm wondering what you base that on, as you are clearly comparing it to other teams in The Championship. I'm not making any comparisons but you are and I'm intrigued to see what it's based on.

As I say, I'm not trying to be confrontational or ask questions for the sake of it. But you stated that our striking options after Nugent are "average for this league at best" and I'm wondering what you base that on, as you are clearly comparing it to other teams in The Championship. I'm not making any comparisons but you are and I'm intrigued to see what it's based on.

I fail to see how me memorising or failing to memorise names has any affect on my argument?

The figures i quoted compare our second best scoring striker with those of other teams, while i don't know how many games or minutes each has played, i do know that Vardy has played plenty and so i think that these figures show this is not a strong area for us. While most teams are clearly in the same boat i would like to see us try to be better than most teams and think this could be the difference between getting promotion or not

Fact is Vardy, Waghorn and Futacs have scored five goals between them all season

And that's a bit shit

I fail to see how me memorising or failing to memorise names has any affect on my argument?

The figures i quoted compare our second best scoring striker with those of other teams, while i don't know how many games or minutes each has played, i do know that Vardy has played plenty and so i think that these figures show this is not a strong area for us. While most teams are clearly in the same boat i would like to see us try to be better than most teams and think this could be the difference between getting promotion or not
The assumption is that the top scoring striker is the first choice striker, which for Cardiff, is not the case as Helguson is second after Maynard IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669