Shirt Choices Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a reply - "The club is aware of the voting from other clubs."

I mentioned this on another forum, and got an interesting response from an Ipswich fan. He said that Ipswich have been doing this for a while, and the thing to worry about is not rival fans (apparently tracking the IP addresses votes originate from can geographically filter for this) but the preference of children for something gaudy that stands out. If this is true I have horrible visions of loads of kids thinking "Yay! Foxes Forever!". Sorry if that sounds patronising.

T shirt? If you want rip off t shirts see duzza :icon_lol:. This is precisely why they are doing it as pointed out earlier by Homer. Its a 12 month deal pure and simple.

I got a reply - "The club is aware of the voting from other clubs."

I mentioned this on another forum, and got an interesting response from an Ipswich fan. He said that Ipswich have been doing this for a while, and the thing to worry about is not rival fans (apparently tracking the IP addresses votes originate from can geographically filter for this) but the preference of children for something gaudy that stands out. If this is true I have horrible visions of loads of kids thinking "Yay! Foxes Forever!". Sorry if that sounds patronising.

So the voting is not open to anyone outside Leicester...?

Then don't buy it?!

Just my personal thoughts on the shirt, that's all

precisely, the club are yet again fleecing fans but actually making out that theyre doing us a favour/involving us in the selection process etc

Difficult to get upset about what is obviously a charade. If the club were really interested in the views of fans then they would have had the two most popular against each other namely the blank and charity options.

They only want to be able to say that it was voted on so they can say it was the fans choice. I'm sure they are capable of rigging the vote and disregarding however many votes they need to to get the desired outcome. :icon_wink

Why are people bitching about this so much. It's only a shirt FFS. I couldn't give a toss if it had flowers all over it as long as we win. If you don't like the shirt then don't buy it.

It seems that the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't on this. For what ever the reasons are (nobody really knows) they are doing something special to commemorate 125 years and all people say is the club don't give a shit about the fans etc. Ridiculous notion. :102:

I emailed Peter Jones about the Coventry scam as well. Got the reply that the club was aware as did Polar Bear.

My guess is that the club have already decided that a blank shirt will sell more next season (as West Brom shirts sales this season apparently suggest) so the whole voting exercise is futile anyway.

I'm not getting too wound up about it, I'm happy with a blank shirt.

Do the designs on the OS also suggest that we are going to use the current badge btw?

Surely these designs aren't final, and have just been knocked up quickly so that they can find out what message the fans want (if any), and then work on the design properly. There's no way these are final designs.

The 'Foxes Forever' message is the sort of thing you get on unofficial merchandise off the market or something. A complete joke!

This IP address business... They could easily only count one vote per IP address, but to say that they are aware of outside voting is both stupid and extremely inaccurate. I have just ran my IP address through a location service, and it said I was in Manchester - I'm smack bang in the middle of Leicester. There's absolutely no way they can tell if it's Leicester fans voting on this or not.

What a farce.

I knew I was going to be underwhelmed.

I must be missing something: from reading the announcement yesterday, I assumed that the fans would have some input into the design.
This collection does look like a cynical cover up for an inability to get a lucrative commercial offer. If this is the case, I agree with those who suggest that a charity should get the promotion.

If you read today's announcement carefully, you will see that that 'consultation' has already taken place. You're not alone in believing that it was only just starting.

It will be interesting to see whether the Foxes Trust feel they have already been consulted and to what level. There was no hint in Ian's posts yesterday that all the fans were going to have was a choice between four options - two of which, I believe are non-starters and another one which is naff in its present form.

It does seem clear that a 'charity' shirt is not an option - not that I would have supported it over a blank shirt anyway.

Last edited:
Why are people bitching about this so much. It's only a shirt FFS. I couldn't give a toss if it had flowers all over it as long as we win. If you don't like the shirt then don't buy it.

It seems that the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't on this. For what ever the reasons are (nobody really knows) they are doing something special to commemorate 125 years and all people say is the club don't give a shit about the fans etc. Ridiculous notion. :102:

Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670