Should we give DJ Campbell a second chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point but I reckon we should offer him a 12 month extention atleast.

On the grounds that he has never been able to perform here despite numerous opportunities.

Has declared publicly that he would rather play anywhere than at Leicester.

Scored a few goals whilst out on loan in the vain hope of getting a contract without having to take a pay cut.

Scored 3 goals in pre-season friendlies against fairly insignificant opposition.

Said publicly that he hoped Leicester didn't do anything silly to scupper his move to Blackpool

I tell you what, whilst we're rewarding him with a new contract, let's give him a seat on the f***kin board as well and a 200% feckin payrise!!.

Last edited:
On the grounds that he has never been able to perform here despite numerous opportunities.

Scored a few goals whilst out on loan in the vain hope of getting a contract without having to take a pay cut.

Scored 3 goals in pre-season friendlies against fairly insignificant opposition.

Said publicly that he hoped Leicester didn't do anything silly to scupper his move to Blackpool

I tell you what, whilst we're rewarding him with a new contract, let's give him a seat on the f***kin board as well and a 200% feckin payrise!!.

So you're against a contract extension then? :icon_bigg

If he wasn't currently a Leicester player, and sousa was being linked with him, how would you feel?

Starting away from home may be to his advantage. Were he to score, the detractors at his first home match would be reduced by 50% and, were he then to score in the home game, he would be a hero. People will be posting upon this forum that they always had faith and all will be right with the world.

Of course, when he has a long barren spell, the doubts will arise once more. What a fickle lot we football fans are!

A goals a goal, how come he won't be able to score against anyone else? And you missed out the Polish division one champions.

:018:

Not Polish Division 1 Champions.

Jagiellonia are in the Ekstraklasa, which is the top league in Poland. They finished very low down (around 13th). I would compare the standard of this league to around the low Championship/high League 1.

I actually predict that they, along with Arka Gdynia, will get relegated this coming season.

They won the Polish Cup.

Couldn't agree more. If we aren't rewarding him for scoring we can't expect him to be happy.

I hope he goes on now to score a shed load of goals for us next year.

If thats your opinion then fine, but im guessing your one of those fans that when you dont like a certain player you slate him and want him out, but then once he starts performing above his weight, you decide you really loved him and had faith in him all along.

Shall we sell him to another Championship club for him to score goals for them??!!

You make me laugh!

If thats your opinion then fine, but im guessing your one of those fans that when you dont like a certain player you slate him and want him out, but then once he starts performing above his weight, you decide you really loved him and had faith in him all along.

Shall we sell him to another Championship club for him to score goals for them??!!

You make me laugh!

He's just stating facts, rather than being blinded by 3 pre season goals against poor opposition.

He's just stating facts, rather than being blinded by 3 pre season goals against poor opposition.

Im not being blinded by 3 pre season goals though.

If he plays for us like he did for Blackpool last year, then we would have one of the best strike partners in the Championship with him and Fryatt.

It also seems unlikely at this point anyone is going to come in for him, so he has the season left on his contract to earn the offer of a new one. Using his performances at other clubs as justification to offer one now is laughable.

Im not being blinded by 3 pre season goals though.

If he plays for us like he did for Blackpool last year, then we would have one of the best strike partners in the Championship with him and Fryatt.

That's a big "if". It's up to him to prove himself now.

If he scores goals keep him. If at christmas he hasnt then offload him.

**** you and your sensible suggestion. Unless you were being sarcastic again.

You make me laugh!

That post simply demonstrates, quite clearly, that you know nothing about me whatsoever.

If he wasn't currently a Leicester player, and sousa was being linked with him, how would you feel?

I would feel that Sousa was wasting his time and that he would not be worth the money.

That post simply demonstrates, quite clearly, that you know nothing about me whatsoever.

This is a football forum, not a social networking site. I had my opion, you had yours, end of..

We should make him club captain and name a new brand of Monster Munch after him.

The Campbell's SoupOfOpinions Monster Munch.

And make him mayor - his trousers have never fallen down.

Given that the vast majority on here used to slate Matty Fryatt during his injury plauged season and were wishing he would be sold, it is obvious that keeping DJ is the right thing to do - would certainly rather have him playing instead of Howard.

He only said what every other person in his position would have been thinking, just he had the honesty to come out and say it. I'm pretty sure Jamie O'Hara came out and said he would rather Spurs not get to the FA Cup final so he could play for Pompey in the final, it is what anybody would want but not everyone has the balls to say what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669