Should we give DJ Campbell a second chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the thread. It's not 'our' choice really, is it? Get behind him I will, he slags the team off again and I'll be the first to put my piss in his mouth.

I have always maintained we pay the guy well, if he's on the payroll, get the most out of him.

If DJ had never played for us and all we knew was his last season at Birmingham and last year at Blackpool, we would rate him as a very good striker.

If Paolo then announced that he had signed DJ, valued at 2 million, on a free, we would mostly be celebrating with damp underwear.

Just look on it as a new great striker on a free, like Gally last year.

If DJ had never played for us and all we knew was his last season at Birmingham and last year at Blackpool, we would rate him as a very good striker.

If Paolo then announced that he had signed DJ, valued at 2 million, on a free, we would mostly be celebrating with damp underwear.

Just look on it as a new great striker on a free, like Gally last year.

He definitely wasn't free.

If he scores the goals then fair enough, he's only doing what he should've been doing the last two years instead of being a mardy arsed little twonk.

He knows he should'nt have opened his gob and slagged the club off and I think he got a bit of a shock when he realised Blackpool weren't going to buy him this summer which has made him think twice about his attitude here. Of course that might well have summat to do with NP leaving as well, but he was the same the season we got relegated after his mate MA2 got the boot. So perhaps it wasn't just the last manager not liking him.

I don't like him. And won't ever like him but as long as he pulls his weight this season then I'll pretend the last two wasted years of his contract never happened.

Agree 100% with BF's comments.
I certainly used to think that the quicker DJ was dispatched the better.
However, if the reality is that no-one wants to buy him and this has forced a change in his attitude, alongside a good relationship with a new manager, I too feel that we should get behind the new managers decision to throw DJ a new lifeline. This, crucially, is also in the light of Sousa seeing a player doing well in pre-season.

The guy is fighting for his footballing life now. He's 28 in the last year of a relatively lucrative contract. If he plays well he will know that he can sign a similar or better contract with a new club that will poach him on a 'free' or re-sign with Leicester (if they have the money) on similar terms. If he does not play well and produce the goods, he also will know that his future is a new contract on half the money or less, with a smaller club in the Championship or even dropping a division.

He will be trying his best. Let's see if his best is good enough, and that is the manager's judgement call.

Last edited:
Given that Blackpool striker, Billy Clarke, is probably out for the whole of next season, I wonder if Hollowknob will come calling again.

Last edited:
I don't think it's Holloway not wanting to buy him in the first place, more the Blackpool board seemingly not wanting to spend any of the money they've earned by getting promoted.

Saw an article on the lad they had on loan from Swansea a few weeks ago who was surprised they wouldn't fork out the mere £500k for him to move there. I'm assuming he thought he'd get the chance to play in the Prem with a transfer offer seeing as he contributed a fair am ount to them getting promoted, same as DJ.......

If I were a Blackpool fan, I think I'd be fuming that the club don't seem to give a shit that there's a very big chance they could become the biggest laughing stock there has been in the Premiership....

Tbf, the chairman has committed the money they have made on getting the ground up to standard and sorting out better training facilities. Something which will have a more lasting effect than being in Hull's position for example signing the likes of Bullard.

Wouldn't fancy being a ST holder at Blackpool going in to this season. No fun in being spanked every week be it at the hand of Man U and Chelsea or not.

Wouldn't fancy being a ST holder at Blackpool going in to this season. No fun in being spanked every week be it at the hand of Man U and Chelsea or not.

Their lack of investment is absolutely staggering. I know that they think there's a chance that they can survive on IH's great team talks and one liners, but let's remember that they only just scraped into the play-offs. And since then they have lost a few of their top loanees without replacement. Could be the next Derby...

If I were a Blackpool fan, I think I'd be fuming that the club don't seem to give a shit that there's a very big chance they could become the biggest laughing stock there has been in the Premiership....

I'm fuming. I want that accolade to remain firmly with the sheep. :icon_lol:

Their lack of investment is absolutely staggering. I know that they think there's a chance that they can survive on IH's great team talks and one liners, but let's remember that they only just scraped into the play-offs. And since then they have lost a few of their top loanees without replacement. Could be the next Derby...

Even worse than the Sheep I think

Can't see where they will get a point almost. Newcastle and West Brom are way beyond them even.

I can understand building the infrastructure, but surely you spend on some on players to give you a bit of a chance? As long as you're not signing oldies ala Micky Adams, sign some players who will at least do a good job of getting you straight back up when you go down.

Tbf, the chairman has committed the money they have made on getting the ground up to standard and sorting out better training facilities. Something which will have a more lasting effect than being in Hull's position for example signing the likes of Bullard.

Fair enough they are making sure the money is in place to complete the ground nd all that, but surely what DJ and Dobbie would've cost them would have been peanuts out of that £60m....

that they don't even seem to be bothering to sign anyone(unless they get them fro free the cheeky buggars) would be a depressing sight for the fans, because next season is going to be hard enough as it is, and there are only so many spankings your team can take before you stop enjoying your season in the limelight and cant wait for it to be over!

Could be the next Derby...

I think they could make Derby's season look successful.
Perhaps they've realised that there really is nobody that they could bring in that could make a difference, so they'll just take the money and will slide back into the Football League after a season of weekly spankings without putting up a fight.

Shit experience for the supporters, but makes sense from a business point of view.

But does it? the confidence of those players will be severely dented and tbh the season after could well be a worse one for them if it goes spectactularly pearshaped this one.

**** 'em, they're only players

makes you laugh, having spent the last 2 seasons trying to get shot of him, some caller on the moan in tonight wants to give him a new 4 year contract based on scoring in a few meaningless games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59