Confirmed Transfer Six Players Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the brief official announcement was a little heartless.

While i have no issues with any of them leaving now, some have been decent servants to the club, but there was none of the usual acknowledgements (number of appearances etc)

Agreed. Seems a little harsh that Bruno Berner got a fantastic send off from the club, but Steve Howard who had 10x the impact gets about 5 words on the official site.

You don't think he would have showed that yard or not on the training pitch?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....icester-City/story-15654882-detail/story.html

Whilst looking lively doesn't give any clear indication of how his pace had been affected or not, it does suggest that he wasn't struggling for pace or was shadow of the player he was. I'd just liked to have seen him been given a bigger chance to prove his worth, but I genuinely think that Pearson had already decided to offload him, perhaps to free up the wage budget. I think he'll be missed.

I'd like to know what this 'impact' that Howard has had for us is exactly. He was signed for over 1m, has failed to score regularly, Saw us relegated largely through underperformance of him and Oakley in their first season. Has failed to score hardly any goals in subsequent seasons in the championship and ended up benchwarmng. My abiding memories of him will be. Frustrating first touch, not getting into the box quickly enough after laying the ball off. Waving his arms at the officials after committing clear fouls on opponents and being booked for ridiculous late challenges.
He scored a good goal against leeds.
That was it....

He had a very good first touch and was streets ahead of anyone else we had in getting his head to any long ball. He was commited, braver than any other striker we have and never hid. He served us with great credit.

I'd like to know what this 'impact' that Howard has had for us is exactly. He was signed for over 1m, has failed to score regularly, Saw us relegated largely through underperformance of him and Oakley in their first season. Has failed to score hardly any goals in subsequent seasons in the championship and ended up benchwarmng. My abiding memories of him will be. Frustrating first touch, not getting into the box quickly enough after laying the ball off. Waving his arms at the officials after committing clear fouls on opponents and being booked for ridiculous late challenges.
He scored a good goal against leeds.
That was it....

I could not disagree more with the above, sorry to be rude, nonsense.

Howard and Oakley were here for half a season and yet you place the large portion of the blame for our relegation on to them. Of course it had nothing to do with a change of management, poor management, lack of leadership, poor play from those members of the squad who were there from the start of the season to the end.

Was he a prolific goalscorer, no. Was he one of the main reasons we bounced back from League One straight away, yes. Was he a major reason for the amount of goals that Matty Fryatt scored for us that season, yes. Did he play his role in the Championship season that saw us lose in the play-off semi-final, yes. Could his commitment ever be questioned, no.

I remember Holloway saying he wanted to lift the spirits of players who became used to losing and bring in some positivity. Then he signed Oakley and Howard who were in a record breaking bad Derby team.

I thought it said a million euros.

I found another report
Trabzonspor's proposal 'okay' said the 27-year-old stopper kit Leichster City, 1 million pounds (2 million 915 thousand TL), suggesting Bordeaux-blueness, persuaded the British club. Ivory Coast player in the year 750 thousand pounds (2 million 186 thousand) in the coming days that will give an experienced footballer managers Trabzonspor in Turkey is expected to bring attırması signature.

But it could be his prospective wages

Last edited:
I think the only other confirmed release so far was Pantsil.

Good move anyway, onwards and upwards!

We'd be a bit silly to release Logan with only Kasper and a few academy prospects as back up. Might need to look at another keeper now but I'm glad Weale has gone - will no doubt wind up back at Yeovil.

Even though it's old news, you could very well be right. If Yeovil don't get Sam Walker back on loan then Weale might end up back at Yeovil. Heard nothing since though and there aren't really many other rumours for him.

The experienced players will probably not be surprised. I have some sympathy for Elliot Chamberlain as I have for any young player who is released - a young man's dream has been shattered and probably with it the dream of his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669