Snow thread - anyone else snowed in

Status
Not open for further replies.
nearly broke me neck walking down dean street this evening fitz. can't believe the amount of clunge kicking around though!

nearly broke me neck walking down dean street this evening fitz. can't believe the amount of clunge kicking around though!

The clunge cant believe the amount of old married men kicking around either.

Any of that clunge is yours for the price of a Greggs sausage rurl. I'd be happy enough with the weather if I worked near Dean Street, office is over by Killingworth which is terrible.

Still loads of snow around here and tricky underfoot as some of it has frozen rockhard and a lot of the roads and areas clear of snow
are icy.

A Limo, picking up for a 60th birthday broke down around the corner and blocked the only way out of the estate. A replacement came later and all the 60th party people, high heels etc, had to walk all the way to the main road.

Attachments

• DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00356.jpg
    DSC00356.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 234
It started snowing again, pretty heavy!!

No it hasn't, I can't see any snow anywhere
Sorry M, let me rephase that....It has started snowing again in Hoofddorp, Netherlands, it is pretty heavy.

Sorry M, let me rephase that....It has started snowing again in Hoofddorp, Netherlands, it is pretty heavy.

I still don't believe you. I reckon you're just making it up to show off.
We're not impressed you know

a few flakes have just start to fall here, hope it wont affect the 2 minute walk to the pub to watch the game being postponed later

belting down here
did the rellies in cov/leicester/quorn and headed back, started getting bad just south of northampton, m1 down to 2 lanes. MK a joke, single lane grid lock!
25 minutes to do the last 2 miles
still, home, with wine.

Just taken the dogs out for a walk, snowing like mad, with several inches of snow on the ground. Been snowing here for most of the day. I'm supposed to be going to my parents tomorrow in Markfield but at this rate I'll be lucky to get off the drive.

belting down here
did the rellies in cov/leicester/quorn and headed back, started getting bad just south of northampton, m1 down to 2 lanes. MK a joke, single lane grid lock!
still, home, with wine.
Took me 2hours and 20minutes to go 5miles in leamington today.

belting down here
still, home, with wine.

A good feeling i know from last week in the North, not too bad for us now. Lets hope it's buggered off so folks can visit the rello's safely.

Its been crazy here with the Snow, i just hope to make it to Leicester to spend Xmas with the family as i am flying on Thursday. My car got stuck on the Freeway and a road that is 35 mins took me 2 and a half hours on saturday night.

Its been crazy here with the Snow, i just hope to make it to Leicester to spend Xmas with the family as i am flying on Thursday. My car got stuck on the Freeway and a road that is 35 mins took me 2 and a half hours on saturday night.

I thought somebody told me that it was only in Britain that wintery conditions cause such delays. Don't you have a system that clears the snow before it has even fallen out of the sky.

I thought somebody told me that it was only in Britain that wintery conditions cause such delays. Don't you have a system that clears the snow before it has even fallen out of the sky.

Beggars Belief isn't it, the furore? Surely if snow comes down that heavy in such a short space of time countries will close down regardless.

Beggars Belief isn't it, the furore? Surely if snow comes down that heavy in such a short space of time countries will close down regardless.

It's about time the Transport Minister (or higher) made this simple statement - "FFS people, get real!"

This has been frustrating me for a while too. Geneva airport was shut for a bit last week but everybody seems to think ours are the only ones shutting down.

The Minnesota Vikings have had this happen to their stadium:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2010/12/13/snow_damages_metrodome/
And yet some people talk like we're the only ones who struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00