Snow thread - anyone else snowed in

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was foggy as hell down the a5 this morning

was -5 centigrade on the way to work this morning.

That all? Minus 9 here in Notts, sat in my car for 10 mins with the heater blasting, wasn't touching the screen, so went to get some more warm water (first lot froze as soon as it hit the screen), only to find my car door had frozen shut in that short period of time! :icon_bigg

Delighted to have got my car on the road today.

I made the mistake of working from home on Tuesday last week and couldn't get off the car park in front of my house by the time I tried on Wednesday morning.

Have felt like my life has been on hold so really happy to be up and running today. :icon_bigg

M1 shut, accidents on M69, M1 and M6 this morning within Leics/Warks area. Doubling a forty minute trip for me as South Leicester is at standstill and I have to take a different route around Cov.

I hope that bloody pulp under the blanket was a horse or deer and not a bridge jumper on the southbound carriageway. 9 miles i clocked the tail back at.
and -10 in york earlier!

Snowing again here this evening. Not enough to lay yet.

Motorist died sadly. The only detail released.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11925941

Fatal accident leads to M1 rush hour congestion

Part of the M1 has been closed for most of the day following a fatal accident.

The incident between junctions 21 and 20 in Leicestershire, in which a driver died, also caused delays of more than an hour for morning rush hour traffic.

Police said three cars and a van were involved in the crash at 0545 GMT, closing the southbound carriageway.

A lane of the northbound carriageway was also closed for several hours but the motorway was fully reopened soon after 1500 GMT.

Diversions were put in place but delays of about 30 minutes continued throughout the day, with surrounding roads also busy.

Problems were made worse by a separate incident on the southbound carriageway near junction 24.

On my way into Rotherham yesterday morning the car thermo was -14°C and it only hit the heights of -4°C most of the day. Everywhere I tried to park whilst out was rock hard underneath and black ice everywhere!!!

The snow (from last week) is still here for some time until at least Friday before we get any type of thaw. Just hope we don't get any new snowfall

Visiting Notts last night, couldn't believe that the signs of Snow were still there. Looks like a slight increase in temperature from Thursday, thank the lord.

Oh no you didn't, get your alibi elsewhere!

Still like Narnia here. Got a bit of stick yesterday at work for not turning up in a suit, something I considered sensible given the conditions. Having to get changed at work everyday now ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58