So... What did Sven do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the away form. Our home form was always fine under him and at times we looked truly awesome and at our best played the best football I have ever seen Leicester play, but away from home we just couldn't seem to get any sort of for together.

For me, he was seduced into instant promotion last year and went for short term loans that ultimately failed. Had he concentrated on getting in fewer permanent signings last year, so that they were integrated ready for this season, I am sure the start would have been much better.

Did not win enough games.
Lost games that should not have been lost at this stage of the season with such a strong squad - Bristol City, Millwall.
Players only occasionally looked 'up for it'.
Relied on Konchesky and Peltier to be makeshift wingers rather than getting Dyer 'clones'.
Allowed Wellens to play, so slowing down the game - we always play better at pace.
Rarely able to to get the team to bury the game when we had a lead. Always trying to defend a one or occasionally a two goal lead, often without success. Derby was an exception.
Brought in Beckford who does not seem interested in playing, certainly not ready to die for the Blue Shirt.
Schmeichel has a huge kick - rarely exploited with a target man. Remember Walker > Deane > Dickov > Goal!

We expect our managers to punch above the club's weight - Sven had the resources handed to him and punched below our weight.

He was given a wonderful opportunity and gave no indication that he knew how to take it.

Scatter gun approach to team selection and tactics. Random performances from individuals suggests man management was poor. He was popular and a lovely chap but since when has that made a successful manager?

Bottled opportunities to kick on time and again. Appeared to be completely unaware of how to improve results.

This season I think a major failing was a total reliance of goals and creativity from King who has been shite. No back up plan for this.

No Back to back wins this season. Never taken us into the top 6, Only 9 wins in 27, No first team coach employed after Powell left (Haman doesn't count) No wingers bought at all, No plan B...........on and on and on and on and on Ariston.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669