So... What did Sven do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacks present day business acumen.
Wasted £10M on buying players with no guarantee of success.
If he had divided it into 40 brown envelopes, each containing £250K, to be left in discrete locations throughout the season, we would now be 12 points clear at the top. Everyone would be happy and he would still be manager!

'insiders have revealed Eriksson was sacked for not spending ENOUGH money'

1229031040_bert.png

As a direct answer to the question,"What did Sven do wrong?", might I suggest the following?

I do not know whether Kyle Naughton would have agreed to join us, were we to have accepted the £5m price tag, but for the same price as we paid for Mills, not signing him seems to have been a bit of a clanger. I like Peltier, but he does not seem to get nearly as many quality balls into the opposition box as Naughton. Sven's lack of desire to play wingers necessitates full backs that are almost wingbacks.

As a direct answer to the question,"What did Sven do wrong?", might I suggest the following?

I do not know whether Kyle Naughton would have agreed to join us, were we to have accepted the £5m price tag, but for the same price as we paid for Mills, not signing him seems to have been a bit of a clanger. I like Peltier, but he does not seem to get nearly as many quality balls into the opposition box as Naughton. Sven's lack of desire to play wingers necessitates full backs that are almost wingbacks.

There are far bigger problems than Peltier versus Naughton for £5m.

StringerSport Ian Stringer

You'll hear revealing interview with Steve Howard on The Boot Room from 6pm on 104.9fm where he claims a 'lack of guidance' under Sven

his downfalls were in my view.

latter part of last season changing winning team and then persisiting with players that were poor.

In the summer not clinching 2 very important players in naughton and yakubu.
over paying for mills.
should probably have loaned in beckford instead of buying him.

The team under sven had a big mental issue that whenever a win would take us top 6 we lost the next game.

over paying for mills.

Why does it matter what was paid for Mills?

should probably have loaned in beckford instead of buying him.

What makes you think Everton would have allowed him to leave on loan? They wanted money to sign new players.

The team under sven had a big mental issue that whenever a win would take us top 6 we lost the next game.

I don't think it's a mental issue, it's just a coincidence. And it's not just under Sven, it's happened since he left too.

In the summer not clinching 2 very important players in naughton and yakubu.

Did you see Yakubu over the weekend?
Talk about a tub of lard, looked like that bloke that plays for Northampton with the funny sounding/hard to pronounce name

Had too many central midfielders and a complete lack of width (Dyer the only natural and he's inconsistent).

Failed to win, or even look like winning, home games against average teams.

Played a diamond formation with no natural left-footed player.

Didn't score enough away from home (4 goals in six games).

• Didn't win the League by the end of August
  • Hasn't developed a free cure for cancer
  • Is crap at COD MW3
  • Failed to piss 24ct liquid gold

Wasn't overweight.
Didn't have a round face.
Didn't have a snide, deadpan demenour in press conferences.
Didn't have a GI Joe haircut.
Didn't have eyebrows which were in an everlasting frown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669