So... What did Sven do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a safe place. Let's just all raise our hands if we have been touched by Sven.

*raises hand*

7399185-little-white-polar-bear-hands-up-in-water.jpg

Why not? And why does Mike Stowell not count either?

Because, with no evidence at all, I just have a feeling he was absolute tripe as a coach and probably contributed nothing hence why they didn't replace him (nothing to replace) as for Stowelly his main focus is / was the goalkeeping coach with extended duties on Match days etc..Not really a full time 1st team coach. Which just left Fazz and Sven.

A lot has been said about Sven's contacts within the industry but I think it's a bit of a red herring. Most of his signings were previous players that he has known personally. No scouting network was needed for these signings, nor did he need any contacts 'in the know' around the country/europe/world.

Someone like Steve Walsh (NP's head scout?) could have done a much better job of finding the right sort of player without making signings for the sake of it.

Maybe another example of Sven not employing/insisting on a suitable team to work around him.

The lack of coaches did concern me, especially as we never seemed to have a strikers coach, and not scoring goals has been a big weakness in the last couple of years.

A lot has been said about Sven's contacts within the industry but I think it's a bit of a red herring. Most of his signings were previous players that he has known personally. No scouting network was needed for these signings, nor did he need any contacts 'in the know' around the country/europe/world.

Someone like Steve Walsh (NP's head scout?) could have done a much better job of finding the right sort of player without making signings for the sake of it.

Maybe another example of Sven not employing/insisting on a suitable team to work around him.

I think Svens contacts may have come in handy if we were promoted- numerous players turned us down because of our current league position more than anything.

Couldn't win a game in his entire tenure at Leicester when his team went behind (so I am told!!)

Watford at the end of last season we were behind twice and ended up coming back and winning.

I wonder if Sven had a clause in his contract giving him a percentage of any transfer fees? It'd explain why he signed so many players and let Fryatt and Hobbs go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669