Sol Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoys me the most is the pathetic comparison to yaya toure !

Nobody compared Sol Bamba to Yaya Toure so no need to be annoyed, drummin!

Although there are many similarities .... Nationality, Occupation, skin colour, Gender, Country where they both work to name some.

Last edited:
I have a ZX81 and wouldn't dream of playing it in midfield.

Whoever suggested doing that is addled by drugs or love.

Sorry to be so 2011 but what the **** is a ZX81?

A pass cheat to gain all 6 Chaos Emeralds and go straight to Dr Robotnik?

Nobody compared Sol Bamba to Yaya Toure so no need to be annoyed, drummin!

Although there are many similarities .... Nationality, Occupation, skin colour, Gender, Country where they both work to name some.

Not strictly a comparison but did you read post 1?

Either the plot is to loan out Bamba with a view to a perm transfer or alternatively he is going to be move to right back. There is no sense whatsoever in a club in our division carrying 4 established centre backs who each thinks they are entitled to a regular starting place.

So instead of 4 centre-backs fighting for 2 places, you'd have 3 right-backs fighting for 1 place?

Sorry to be so 2011 but what the **** is a ZX81?

It was the successor to the ZX80 and the predecessor of the ZX Spectrum.

It was the successor to the ZX80 and the predecessor of the ZX Spectrum.

I missed the Sir Clive revolution by a number of years. I was an Amstrad CPC 6128 lad myself. A far supperior machine but by the time I could buy games you had to scratch around to find anywhere that stocked them.

Perhaps NP is managing his assets well. Whilst Sol has been on international duty SSL has been brought back into the fold, with Morgan bought to compete/ cover at CB. With the Ivory Coast reaching the final NP lost the opportunity to dispose of SSL. We are just fortunate that SSL's and Mills' form have improved during Sol's absence. I wouldn't have a problem with Sol coming straight back into the side.

Perhaps NP is managing his assets well. Whilst Sol has been on international duty SSL has been brought back into the fold, with Morgan bought to compete/ cover at CB. With the Ivory Coast reaching the final NP lost the opportunity to dispose of SSL. We are just fortunate that SSL's and Mills' form have improved during Sol's absence. I wouldn't have a problem with Sol coming straight back into the side.
I think that would have a hugely negative affect on the squad morale. A player that has been excellent for several games running and is then suddenly dropped. What kind of message does that send out?

Billy Kee is bare more like Rooney than Beckz!!

So instead of 4 centre-backs fighting for 2 places, you'd have 3 right-backs fighting for 1 place?

No - 2 players fighting for the right back place with Pantsill surplus to requirements. I think Bamba is one of our best players - a bit idiosyncratic maybe but talented and an entertainer - so I would accomodate him at right back. There would still be plenty of scope for Peltier because we are talking about positions where there tend to be suspensions as well as injuries. Not sure how long Morgan can be kept content with the set up either as it is or might develop.

I was an Oric Atmos chap myself. Note not Oric 1, but Oric Atmos.

While I understand we kept a few clean sheets, I don't know how anyone who has watched us can say our defence has improved since he left.

We were atrocious defensively against Barnsley and even though we kept clean sheets against Forest, Swindon and Southampton and while yes, you can only beat what's in front of you, let's face it: that was largely down to toothless attacks and poor finishing on our opponent's count.

Plenty of people at the time were saying we let these teams in far too much, especially for 2 woefully out of scoring form teams and a League Two side and they all missed some easy chances, so this is not utter revisionism :icon_wink (in fact I seem to remember the general impression after the Swindon game was that a decent Championship side would have hit 3 or 4 past us that games) and since then we have conceded 7 goals in 4 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670