Sol Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't played Football Manager before, have you Macky?!

Yeah! Of course I have! I've been playing it since the ZX81 version, you nutter. I actually finished it on my first go and killed the end of level boss without losing any lives, actually.

Yeah! Of course I have! I've been playing it since the ZX81 version, you nutter. I actually finished it on my first go and killed the end of level boss without losing any lives, actually.

You weren't supposed to kill them, Macky - that was Prince Bamba.

Maybe his movements were too unpredictable for you.

Gut instinct, he'll end up being sold. The romantic in me would like to see him evolve into a Patrick Viera type central midfielder or a unbeatable, marauding full-back. He really is a joy to watch but is he a liability at times? I'm still not sure.

Centre half in place of either of the other two liabilities.

Well I can't see him dropping Mills, afterall he has made him captain of the side and he couldn't drop St Ledger on current form so it looks like Sol and Wes will have to be patient. Or we could play a 6-3-1 formation.

I have a ZX81 and wouldn't dream of playing it in midfield.

Whoever suggested doing that is addled by drugs or love.

Well I can't see him dropping Mills, afterall he has made him captain of the side and he couldn't drop St Ledger on current form so it looks like Sol and Wes will have to be patient. Or we could play a 6-3-1 formation.

Didn't we try that under Megson, or was it 6-4-0?

Apart from injuries, he'll only be back in the side at right back for the time being. Can't see why Mills or SSL would be dropped given how impressive our record has been since Bamba has been absent and can't see him being the second choice out of Wellens, Danns or Drinkwater who have also been very impressive since the turn of the year so seems absurd to suggest playing him ahead of 2 out of those 3.

This is why a few of us raised the issue when Morgan was signed that we now have too many players to keep happy again. I can't see Pearson having Bamba & Morgan on the bench and I would imagine that if one of them was consistantly not included in match day squads, they would seek to leave and the earliest available opportunity.

The ones that have barely conceded since he's been gone?

Not sure who they are, the ones I'm talking about conceded the following :

Barnsley 2 goals

Boro 2 goals

Brighton 1 goal

Cardiff 1 goal

Not sure who they are, the ones I'm talking about conceded the following :

Barnsley 2 goals

Boro 2 goals

Brighton 1 goal

Cardiff 1 goal

Or the ones who didn't concede to Forest, Southampton or Swindon. We've been tight enough at the back since he's been gone and certainly neither of them have looked like liabilities. Unless the meaning of that word has changed.

Anyone who concedes to Forest has issues, Swindon are a league 2 side and still caused them issues and Southampton had there main threat unavailable, other than that, still not impressed when I have watched them.

Anyone who concedes to Forest has issues, Swindon are a league 2 side and still caused them issues and Southampton had there main threat unavailable, other than that, still not impressed when I have watched them.

Fair enough. Needless to say I disagree and would stick with a settled back five for as long as possible.

Either the plot is to loan out Bamba with a view to a perm transfer or alternatively he is going to be move to right back. There is no sense whatsoever in a club in our division carrying 4 established centre backs who each thinks they are entitled to a regular starting place. We know that the original intent was to ship out SSL but presumably this is now history.

The only alternative plot is that it was a piece of bad planning to sign Morgan - which incidentally I think it was anyway irrespective of the Bamba situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669