Post Match Southampton 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are stats out there to disprove my theory, but here it is. Let's lose possession somewhere around their 20-40m inside their half, instead of ours. Just pump the ball downfield. How much time in possession are we having that's no further than 25m from our goal.

I laughed in 2015/16 when the pundits said Kasper would kick to the sidelines, so we could set for another counter attack.

We've arrived at a point in our game plan that puts so much pressure on our players that we are setting them up to fail.

There is good reason why Burnley still manage to stay in the PL each year despite an obvious lack of quality - they show huge amounts of desire and they are direct with their play.

It's not really rocket science but as someone mentioned before, most managers have a fixation on trying to play Pepball but don't realise they don't have good enough players to do so.

Ndid was ****ing abysmal and he wasn’t much better against Watford. Him and Soumare as a combination absolutely doesn’t work. Hopefully the manger has finally seen that now. But Ndidi was even worse in the second half after Soumare was subbed. I want Soumare to be a good signing and I’ve backed him until now, but he just hasn’t yet shown any evidence that he is of sufficient quality. But to blame him for Ndidi’s 90 minutes of incompetence is just not fair.

The complete lack of shape to the attack once Daka came on and our best player by a mile, who had just scored the equalizer, was shifted out to the left is all down to Rodgers. A ridiculous ****ing decision.

if Maddison is injured and out for any length of time we are totally screwed.

We’re living hand to mouth at the minute. It’s Russian roulette when it comes to who get injured next, we’re never more than five seconds away from conceding a goal and the lad who looked crocked a minute ago has been our best player two games running.

We’re living hand to mouth at the minute. It’s Russian roulette when it comes to who get injured next, we’re never more than five seconds away from conceding a goal and the lad who looked crocked a minute ago has been our best player two games running.
Fofana? Bit harsh mebbe.

Despite being absolutely dog shite at defending at the moment, we find ourselves just five points outside the top four. With the exception on Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester City, most teams have been very up and down all season, and we are no exception. The number of points to finish 4th this year looks lke being a relatively low figure, so here's my take on things:

1. The defending has to improve eventually - it can't get much worse, let's face it (we're the fouth leakiest defence in the league). Once it does, if we can continue our pretty decent scoring prowess (we're the fifth highest scoring team in the league), wins will start becoming a more common occurrence.

2. We are likely to see some key players return to the fold pretty soon. Tielemans back will mean the Soumare/Ndidi combination will surely end, allowing Ndidi to do his job rather than trying to do what he is being asked to do now (which is anyone's guess). Fofana will bring much needed stability to the back line. Justin will give us more options when we play with attacking wing backs.

3. Maddison's form - one plus point is that he appears to have hit good form after what seemed like forever. Should this continue then that's only going to be a positive.

4. ACN: Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria). All out for a while obviously. To be honest, with the return of Fofana hopefully coinciding with this tournament, the only players that will be missed are Ndidi and Ihenacho. Soumare should be able to plug in where Ndidi fits, and Iheanacho might not be that sorely missed if (it's actually several big "ifs") Vardy stays on form (better still, improves), Lookman finds something resembling form, Barnes hots up a bit on the goal scoring front, and Maddison continues his goalscoring form.

5. Other teams: As mentioned, outside of the top three, most teams have been very inconsistent. We need this to continue. Let them keep taking points off each other. This is only useful however if we aren't one of those teams showing consistent inconsitency.

In summary, despite this season feeling very poor, we are in a relatively decent position. Should things go our way in relation to the above points, we could very easily find ourselves close to that top four again. Let's face is, we'd all much rather have a stuttering first half of the season, then hit our stride and finish strongly rather than start impressively before limping over the line like a half squashed snail.

Despite being absolutely dog shite at defending at the moment, we find ourselves just five points outside the top four. With the exception on Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester City, most teams have been very up and down all season, and we are no exception. The number of points to finish 4th this year looks lke being a relatively low figure, so here's my take on things:

1. The defending has to improve eventually - it can't get much worse, let's face it (we're the fouth leakiest defence in the league). Once it does, if we can continue our pretty decent scoring prowess (we're the fifth highest scoring team in the league), wins will start becoming a more common occurrence.

2. We are likely to see some key players return to the fold pretty soon. Tielemans back will mean the Soumare/Ndidi combination will surely end, allowing Ndidi to do his job rather than trying to do what he is being asked to do now (which is anyone's guess). Fofana will bring much needed stability to the back line. Justin will give us more options when we play with attacking wing backs.

3. Maddison's form - one plus point is that he appears to have hit good form after what seemed like forever. Should this continue then that's only going to be a positive.

4. ACN: Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria). All out for a while obviously. To be honest, with the return of Fofana hopefully coinciding with this tournament, the only players that will be missed are Ndidi and Ihenacho. Soumare should be able to plug in where Ndidi fits, and Iheanacho might not be that sorely missed if (it's actually several big "ifs") Vardy stays on form (better still, improves), Lookman finds something resembling form, Barnes hots up a bit on the goal scoring front, and Maddison continues his goalscoring form.

5. Other teams: As mentioned, outside of the top three, most teams have been very inconsistent. We need this to continue. Let them keep taking points off each other. This is only useful however if we aren't one of those teams showing consistent inconsitency.

In summary, despite this season feeling very poor, we are in a relatively decent position. Should things go our way in relation to the above points, we could very easily find ourselves close to that top four again. Let's face is, we'd all much rather have a stuttering first half of the season, then hit our stride and finish strongly rather than start impressively before limping over the line like a half squashed snail.
I hadn't realised it was that easy.

"Earn the right to win" bang on the money from Brendan yet the team starts each game as though they just have turn up.

Our attitude is killing us and the first goal was a complete lack of work rate and desire to close down players, well pretty much the first half really. Barnes has got to do the hard part of the game which is defending, Maddison sprinting back 30 m to block a cross shows what we should be doing.

If we start with the correct attitude we will win most games.

I haven't seen any of the attributes from Soumare that I was led to believe he posses.

I believe the words Patrick and Viera were uttered as a way of describing his combative, box to box style.

We've been had, big time.

I haven't seen any of the attributes from Soumare that I was led to believe he posses.

I believe the words Patrick and Viera were uttered as a way of describing his combative, box to box style.

We've been had, big time.
I remember being at a game watching Viera, in his prime, absolutely dominate the match away at Liverpool (neutral fan, obviously). With all the talent they had on the pitch that day, he was like a giant bossing everything. I haven’t seen that yet from Soumare.

Vieira is now in his mid 40s. Maybe they were suggesting he plays like a 45 year old would be expected to?

We are inviting a press, and we can't play out from one.
Because our back line only ever have the wings as an outlet and other teams know to close the outlet down. The ball is rarely if ever given to the midfield because players like Wilf and Soumare don't make themselves available. When you watched Liverpool last night after our game, their players always have an option.

Because our back line only ever have the wings as an outlet and other teams know to close the outlet down. The ball is rarely if ever given to the midfield because players like Wilf and Soumare don't make themselves available. When you watched Liverpool last night after our game, their players always have an option.

Tielemans always makes himself available - and Wilf does on very rare occasions

Schmeichel never, ever passes the ball that way

Mahrez and Vardy both took time before they became the players they are, Vardy almost quit football because it just wasn't happening for him.

Maybe we should give Soumare a chance before he's written off

Mahrez and Vardy both took time before they became the players they are, Vardy almost quit football because it just wasn't happening for him.

Maybe we should give Soumare a chance before he's written off
Radical that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572