Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

3-1 win, kasp, de laet, morgan, moore, konchesky, mahrez, cambiasso, drinkwater, king, vardy, ulloa. goals, king, ulloa, powell.

Last edited:
Our best defender in the last game, and you drop him.
Brilliant!

Move over Nigel, Jas is in town

And the worst midfielder (Drinkwater) stays in. Lovely

We're in for an absolute tonking here.

I'd play a 4-5-1 and park the bus to avoid embarrassment

And the worst midfielder (Drinkwater) stays in. Lovely

We're in for an absolute tonking here.

I fear you may be correct.

Sounds stupid but I fear Soton more than Man City and Chelsea.

They don't seem to lower their game too much and certainly have something to prove.

Plus I never feel confident at their place, I have seen us get outplayed there too many times.

5-0

Plus I never feel confident at their place, I have seen us get outplayed there too many times.

Indeed. At their old ground I even saw Francis Benali score and he just didn't score!

3-1 win, kasp, de laet, morgan, moore, konchesky, mahrez, cambiasso, drinkwater, king, vardy, ulloa. goals, king, ulloa, powell.

You have scorer there that is not listed in your starting XI... and you haven't listed any subs?!

I have a feeling NP will now approach each game with the emphasis even more on a defensive formation even though his plans are not working so far. It seems Wasyl played well at the weekend and should therefore keep his place (i admire his positioning defensive capabilities but his aggressive attitude will no doubt have an adverse effect on the team eventually) I listened to Matt Elliott on the radio at the weekend and he said Powell had impressed the coaching staff in training and i think he may have a place in the starting 11. We will no doubt be on the back foot for long periods and will therefore look to our pacey players to hit them on the break ( ie Jeff and Vardy). I never predict a loss (even if it seems certain) but hope that the players attitudes and the managers tactics combine together in a game soon. Im hoping for a 1-1 draw Vardy

You have scorer there that is not listed in your starting XI... and you haven't listed any subs?!
To be fair, I'm quite impressed that he's managed to start a new thread without setting fire to anything. I think you should cut him some slack

he will come on as a sub and score, no need to list subs, he will be a sub for sure!

To be fair, I'm quite impressed that he's managed to start a new thread without setting fire to anything. I think you should cut him some slack
I'm now sniggering quietly at my desk...well played Mr Macky :D

I understand the apprehension but I'm going to say something odd here - Southampton are shite. They're just waiting to be found out.

So far, everyone I've seen play them have done exactly the wrong thing. The three Soton forwards press the defenders of the opposition leading to them making mistakes. If you have a look at the goals they score, most are from this. So teams have pissed about at the back until a misplaced pass leads to a mistake and boom. The solution is to totally avoid playing from the back against them. Early long punt up field every time.

In midfield, you match them up three for three. I'd play Hammond against his old club as he could well be 'up for it' but they're much of a muchness aside from Cambiasso. At the back, you exploit their diddy, very forward minded full backs by pushing our biggest attackers there. These are who the defenders/keeper aim for.

I'd do this:

Schmeichel

Simpson Wasyl Morgan Konchesky

King Hammond Cambiasso

Wood Powell Ulloa

I'd do this:

Schmeichel

Simpson Wasyl Morgan Konchesky

King Hammond Cambiasso

Wood Powell Ulloa

People would go ****ing mental if he lined up like this.

People would go ****ing mental if he lined up like this.

There are only two changes from the side that finished on Saturday so it isn't that big a reach. We also finished Saturday playing long ball football.

What's the alternative? Can't you just see one of defenders/midfielders pissing about in our own half, lose possession and boom. Then again, and again. We can stop this happening by not doing it.

Six out of ten outfield players over 6 foot tall. Launch it and feck them up! It's our best shot at a result and would take guts to do it.

There are only two changes from the side that finished on Saturday so it isn't that big a reach. We also finished Saturday playing long ball football.

What's the alternative? Can't you just see one of defenders/midfielders pissing about in our own half, lose possession and boom. Then again, and again. We can stop this happening by not doing it.

Six out of ten outfield players over 6 foot tall. Launch it and feck them up! It's our best shot at a result and would take guts to do it.

Possibly agree with you but the consensus will be that he doesn't know what he's doing, more changes and so on.

Possibly agree with you but the consensus will be that he doesn't know what he's doing, more changes and so on.

Not matter what, if we lose it will have been the wrong selection for some even if they agreed wit it before the match.

We'll get a spanking. 4-0. Doom and gloom all over the place.

We'll get a spanking. 4-0. Doom and gloom all over the place.

That's what everyone thought about Liverpool last night.

You never know, we might have rigged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566