Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we are into 5 match cycles and due now for a return to the glories of the start of the season. Alternatively perhaps we will regress to heavy defeats rather than narrow setbacks..... can't see Knockaert being much involved either way. Doubt if Pearson is the type to overlook comments ( misconstrued or not) about Leicester being a 'platform'.

On the train out of Clapham Junction for this one, I'll keep my eye out for any of the London branch

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall we will be stopping at Clapham Junction at 10.12.

Also calling at Guildford and Havant. Looks as though you're going the long way round. Must be engineering works somewhere. The joys of weekend travel!!

Also calling at Guildford and Havant. Looks as though you're going the long way round. Must be engineering works somewhere. The joys of weekend travel!!
You are right. The journey time is not too bad, although it involves a change at Southampton Airport Parkway.

You are right. The journey time is not too bad, although it involves a change at Southampton Airport Parkway.

Where are you alighting then? That train does go right through to Soton Central - arrives 13:55

Last 8 meetings between us and the Saints have been in the Championship, the last time we were both in the top tier together both games ended in draws (2003-4)

Soton have conceded only 5 goals this season, the best defensive record of any team in the top 4 English divisions.

We have failed to score in 4 of our last 5 matches.

Soton have won 5 and lost non of their last 7 Premier League games at home and have conceded only 3 goals in their last 9 games on home soil, keeping 6 clean sheets in that period.

Interestingly, the average finishing position of teams who have conceded only 5 goals in their opening 10 games is 4th.

Most encouragingly for us (if you believe in this shit) is the fact that last season they only conceded 4 goals in their opening 10 games, they then proceeded to concede 19 in the next ten, only managing 1 clean sheet.

This may be a game where we need to make the most of our set piece opportunities, however the stats suggest that we have only attempted 1 shot from a direct freekick this season, it was blocked.

Only nine opposition players have been booked facing us this season, fewer than any other club.

I'd go 4-4-2. Seemed to perform well enough against the likes of Arsenal and Everton early doors. Back four same as last week. Cambiasso and King in the middle. Mahrez on the left, Vardy on the right. Ulloa up front with Powell just behind.

We will play 4-5-1, have a half decent start and be 0-0 at half-time. Then Soton will score around the 64th minute and kill the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566